Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD9305 Android going mad with crashes

Steveb_uk
Explorer

KD-65XD9305 Android going mad with crashes

For the last few days, my TV has started going mad. Android just keeps displaying dialogs that some service or other has crashed.  This also includes the LaunchBack service which then gets stuck as it keeps trying to show the main home screen and then crashing.  Sometimes it reboots itself, most of the time I have to hold power until it eventually reboots.

I’ve cleared the cache on google play services (that was the first service that started being weird) which some Android site suggested, but there seems to be something a bit deeper than just that service.

As I’m just coming up to the 12 month point I want to make sure it’s actually fit for purpose, or it’ll be going back to Currys to swap for a Samsung or LG. Currently it’s borderline unwatchable, and I wouldn’t recommend a Sony Android TV to anyone. Far too much hassle. Just give me a screen that works. Kill the “smart” features. 

Is there a way to do a factory reset? Obviously I then want to make sure I can still get the latest system software and apps. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Steveb_uk,

Thanks for your message. We are looking into this and someone will get back to you shortly.

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Steveb_uk,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing.  A factory reset might indeed help - you can find the steps here: http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442

Cheers,

C