Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XF9005 USB recording

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
speyside13
Explorer

KD-65XF9005 USB recording

Bought this tv a couple of weeks ago and connected an external hard disc for recording. The problem is that after a couple of minutes the tv loses connection with the USB drive and we have to unplug and re-plug the USB device again. Is this normal for this tv? At the shop they suggested to get a USB drive that can be connected to the mains but weren't 100% sure this would solve the problem. I also read about people using USB sticks but perhaps this was to watch movies they got from the web. Any suggestions please? Thank you...

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
DerwentMailman
Explorer

Re Same Issue in previous post - which one is it?  

USB recording on my set works almost flawlessly apart from the missing frames/stutter issue I posted about in this thread.

What I use is a 128GB USB3 stick for my recordings.

profile.country.GB.title
ScottYates
New

thanks

just the black random blink on recorded content

it is annoying seems more on bbc and channel 4??

it is super annoying

tried everything

profile.country.GB.title
skymanuk

I also have the dreaded blink on recording’s 

USB3  hdd plugged into the mains and the recording usb on the tv all registered and formatted by the TV

SONY can someone put some ideas forward to remove the missing frames, for such an expensive TV this lets it down 

profile.country.GB.title
mad_cyril

Did you manage to find a solution to your problem with the missing frames/blink in HDD recordings?

profile.country.GB.title
ScottYates
New

Sorry. No it is still really annoying.

Keep on updating firmware but still have issues.

Edited[removed personal details]

profile.country.GB.title
mad_cyril

Thanks for the update. I have started a new post today on this subject so will see if anyone has a solution.