Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W809C issue after Feb update

MusicalChris
Explorer

KDL-43W809C issue after Feb update

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, since latest firmware update feb 2016, we get no sound and remote unresponsive after being in standby for a while, have to reboot the tv to get it to work, have read other people with this and seems to be a common issue, have emailed Sony but was wondering if there is any fix?

Thanks again

Chris

27 REPLIES 27
SonamMobbs

Hi,

I just wanted to update you all & let you know that today all seems to be working correctly?! I did a factory reset the other day & still had the remote/no sound issue. Today I came home from work to find all is working. Very confusing.

I went into the settings to see if it had maybe done an update over night but not sure. It says there are no updates available which I assume means it did update unless Sony have taken down the Feb update due to issues?

Really not sure what fixed it & I guess that wont help those of you who still have the problem after the factory reset.

st3v3_c
New

I had this problem. It also went away, but is now back.

What is going on?

darius_kryszczuk
Explorer

In my case this problem never went away. Even after two factory resets. Really tired of this plug-out and plug-in ritual every time I want to watch TV...

SonamMobbs

Yes I spoke too soon! Back to unplugging it each time I want to use. Does anyone from Sony actually read these comments and if yes what's the plan? I also have a new Sony amp hooked up which randomly wants to switch on!

great job Sony. Guessing you don't use your own products at home or you would know how bad they are 😢

schranzfrigyes69
Explorer

The mistakeless one registered onto HDD the uptake appears however it is not possible to play it back! This function is unusable.
HDD mistake cheque shows a unobjectionable state!

st3v3_c
New

I have just phoned customer support and they said it should be fixed in the next update.

End of March.

Note: Edited by Quinnicus - removal of profanities

SonamMobbs

I am currently running the latest update. I really hope this fixes it as I've been having to unplu my TV & then plug it back in for over a month now. Since it's being used nearly every day you can imagine how frustrating that is!

I will post again tomorrow to inform you if the update has worked

st3v3_c
New

We had the update a couple of days ago ish, and it is still the same. 

SonamMobbs

The update has made no difference to the problem!

I'm so annoyed & really don't know what to do now!!!

SonamMobbs

I have just wrote an email of complaint to Sony. I should imagine I will get a generic reply from them & be none the wiser as to when it'll be fixed. I will update you all as & when they do reply.

I would ask anyone with the same issue to also write an email to them to help push this issue to the front & hopeful push for a quick resolve as it's already been going on for over a month!