Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W809C issue after Feb update

MusicalChris
Explorer

KDL-43W809C issue after Feb update

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, since latest firmware update feb 2016, we get no sound and remote unresponsive after being in standby for a while, have to reboot the tv to get it to work, have read other people with this and seems to be a common issue, have emailed Sony but was wondering if there is any fix?

Thanks again

Chris

27 REPLIES 27
darius_kryszczuk
Explorer

Hi guys, 

my problem with auto switching on has went away over a week ago so it seems it won't come back.

I am writing down series of steps that I have made but I can't guarantee that it will help you solve the problem. I am actually starting to think that this TV is just crazy and do whatever wants. But if you are desperate as I was then you can at least try to follow these steps: 

1. Go to settings and go for factory reset

2. In this moment my TV didn't turned off for almost hour so I unplugged it from electricity and wait for 5 minutes

3. after 5 minutes plug TV back to electricity and the TV will turn on automatically with setting stage

4. Then fill your google account and other settings as normal EXCEPT for Remote Access which i have turned OFF

5. Immediately after you reach your android home restart your tv from settings->info about tv -> restart

6. update all yours apps 

7. restart your tv again from settings->info about tv -> restart

And thats all.

I hope it will help you. 

SonamMobbs

Still having the same issue months down the line. In fact it's worse because now the Netflix button doesn't work at all!!!

Honestly considering returning the TV as inconvenient as it'll be!

st3v3_c
New

There was an update a couple of days (?) ago, and it hasn't done it since - but it is early days.

I've noticed that sometimes the white light is on, when on stand-by. If I turn it on then, it will have the problem. If I leave it, the light goes off and then it will work fine if I turn it on.

My Netflix button works.

Hopefully that's it...

profile.country.LV.title
Harrison11
Explorer

It seems to me that Sony totally ignores this issue.

Maybe there is a need to make a worldwide publicity "Do not buy Sony TV"? :slight_smile:

deekRFC
Explorer

Suffer this issue, along with wifi no longer working, since the April issue.

Sony Customer Services are pathetic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Sony is aware of this issue in which the TV is unresponsive after being in a 'deep sleep', as well as the remote control.  They do have a fix in the pipeline, but it is not known when the next firmware will be released.

So, when this happens the only thing you can do is pull the AC power for 30seconds and try again.

Ive also added thisto the bugs and issues list:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2187803#M44644

Cheers

SonamMobbs

I purchased the TV in January. The fault has occoured for me since early Febuary. The only fix for me has to unplug it, wait about 10 seconds & plug back in EVERY TIME I want to use the TV. I think this bug was logged sometime back.

I have approached the retailer that I purchased the TV from. They said as long as it's in gauruntee they'll take it back from me & send it to Sony to have a look at. I don't really see this as an option at the moment as I can't see hw Sony will fix it or they would have fixed via update. All I can see happening is me being without a TV for sometime while they attempt to fix it & it being returned as being fixed but the fault persisting or them saying they were unable to fix & leaving me with the option of chosing another TV.

I feel in a lose / lose situation so will leave it closer to the end of the year & if still no fix take it back then as I really don't want to be stuck with a faulty TV for the next few years as paid a bit extra to get what I thought at the time was a decent TV.

LittleBlueDot
Explorer

I'd wish I've done more research before buying the Sony TV. I've been getting this exact problem and I can't beleive a fix still isn't forthcoming. This is rubbish Sony, no wonder your TV business is going down, I've bought Sony TVs for the last 30 years. No more.