Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43w809c USB media playback

SOLVED
ricguzy
New

KDL-43w809c USB media playback

Hello,

I want to ask about USB media playback on my Android KDL-43w809c TV. When I connect my USB hard disk to my TV I ussually can't see any video using default Video application. Sometimes it happens that I can see fiew videos and occasionally I can see the full content of my HDD. Do you have the same experience?

I don't have any problem to play videos on my Sony BD, but it doesn't have Android system. I found a lot of application that works on my Android TV (Kodi is the best for me) but no of these applications support 3D menu item under Action Menu. So I'm not able to play 3D video. 3D menu item is supported from Video application only but I ussualy can't see any video there.

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ricguzy
New

My TV supports required video files. The problem is with Video application which sometimes shows content of a disk but sometimes doesn't show content of the same disk at all. Behavior of this application is very strange. I resolved my problem by using File Exploler application. I find required 3D video using File Exploler and then select Video application to play selected file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is probably due to the TV not supporting the required video files / codecs natively - hence the reason why Kodi is a better app to use with its inbuilt codec support.

Cheers

ricguzy
New

My TV supports required video files. The problem is with Video application which sometimes shows content of a disk but sometimes doesn't show content of the same disk at all. Behavior of this application is very strange. I resolved my problem by using File Exploler application. I find required 3D video using File Exploler and then select Video application to play selected file.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  If you have alot of media files on the HDD it will take the TV sometime for it to scan the files and load up the thumbnail content.  Its the only thing I can think of for why they are not displayed but can play.  To test this theory, try leaving the HDD connected for sometime and then see if it works.