Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

differences:

w805c <-----------------> w808c 

Motionflow         XR 800 Hz               XR 1000 Hz

HDCP (1.4)             NO                          YES

Not (very) important, but is downgrade!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I understand that after the repair to fix the Amber/Green LED issue, some of you have a slighly different model number.  For those affected, can you send me a private message and make it absolutely clear of the following - then I will collate all this and pass it back onto Sony,

1. Forum Username
  2. Country Location
  3. Case ID Number
  4. Model of TV Purchased (i.e. KDL-42W808C)
  5. Model of TV after repair. (i.e. KDL-42W805C)

Thank you all

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@gabize wrote:

differences:

w805c <-----------------> w808c 

Motionflow         XR 800 Hz               XR 1000 Hz

HDCP (1.4)             NO                          YES

Not (very) important, but is downgrade!

They all have HDCP 1.4. It's just that some things are wrong on their site. It makes no sense that 50" version supports HDCP 1.4 while 43" doesn't. And every other W80C model does.

It's a standard from 2009 and it's a digital copy protection, a lot of things simply wouldn't work without it. Just like some things don't now if without HDCP 2.2. Do you relly think that SONY would miss a chance to implement a content protection?

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

My tv returned from service on wednesday.

I've checked mine and is kdl-43w808c.IMG_20170312_133159.jpg

profile.country.CZ.title
Minnik
Explorer

i found the same now like you in help MENU but in Setting menu.....DSC_2248.jpg

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

I bet it's a W805C motherboard that was written (in an intelligent manner) with the W808C software. Looks like one kind of desperate move pointing out that Sony is most probably ,,out of stock,, with the W808C replacement motherboards.

I would accept this only if it was the last option available for repairing my TV unit, but it has to came with a partial refund in my pocket (for the different capabilities of the two TV's 808C/805C where I'll lose the better motionflow engine plus some extra cash for all the inconvenience created by the failing firmware that was not enough tested before let it be freely downloadable on the Internet).

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

Hi all. I've found the way to get into the service menu. You have to press the folowing buttons one at the time in the the following sequence on the remote controll: i+, 5, volume+, power. Be very careful what you are doing in this menu. In this menu you can check your model number.IMG_20170312_172530.jpgIMG_20170312_172439.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

Sony, today is13.03.2017!!! Wake up!!! Shame on you!!!

profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

To all those who feel cheated by a downgrade - take it back and demand a refund! Your experience of Sony is unlikely to get better. After factory resetting the TV 10 or 20 times, each time having to reformat your changes to the interface (such as channel list, that annoying light under the Sony logo or your preferred viewing mode), you'll wish you had returned it straight away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All

For those that sent me a private message yesterday, in regards to the model number of your TV being different to the one you purchased after you had the TV repaired - Sony have sent me a reply back to say that they are investigating and will contact you individually in regards to rectifying this.  So please be assured that Sony is taking this very seriously.

Thank you