Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix problems

Shrek2015
Explorer

Netflix problems

Ever since the recent update I have not been able to access Netflix. I get Error code ui-800-3 (%MSL_INTERNAL+CODE%)  I have searched this forum and much more but none of the solutions given has worked for me. I am able to access Netflix ok on another televison which is not Sony. Help please ?

My Model is 

KD-55X8509C

49 REPLIES 49
Cliffage64
Explorer

I can confirm, parental controls were allready disabled, I disabled BT protect, still Netflix would not load.

I followed your earlier "clear netflix cache" post, only then did Netflix load.

BT protect is still disabled.

Regards

ts830s
Explorer

Yes I have disabled BT parental controls and BT protect. Also emptied netflix cache, all other equipment fine on Netflix just my 55" Sont tv

Cliffage64
Explorer

Update, just turned BT protect back on, Netflix would not load.

Turned BT protect off, Netflix loaded without having to clear cache.

Regards

Harrytsg
Explorer

Exactly the same problem, Netflix claim this to be a BT hub/internet problem, BT claim this to be a Netflix 3rd party app problem.

bt parental lock off

bt protect just turned off (will check again later)

Netflix works on evertything else, Internet works on TV on every other app.

Tomorrow I will try by hardwiring the TV to the router.

tried clearing the cache and data as per posts above - no change.

Harrytsg
Explorer

So, this evening I have tried a wired connection - without success, then this solution posted on this forum last year     

This is the work around for the Netflix issue with BT ISP. First perform a factory reset of the TV. Go to settings >System settings>General set-up>Factory Settings. Once TV is reset retune all stations. Using a mobile phone with data capability set it as a Tethering & Portable hotspot. Go to Network setting on the TV and connect to the mobile phone. Once connected go to Netflix and log into the account. Once logged in, go to the network settings of the TV and log back into the BT or other landline ISP. You should find that now Netflix is OK.

This is has worked for me, I now have Netflix working again.......

........Until I tried turning th tv off, then on and it was back to the same problem.

However, logging off the BT Internet and tethering with my phone (or iPad) again and it all starts working again.

So it's only a part fix, 

it it may be worth trying just tethering first to see if that's all that's required?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try factory resetting your Router (HH5?)

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-home-hub-to-its-factory-...

Cheers

Harrytsg
Explorer

Hi

My router is the home hub 4, netflix is also still working on it after the above, so at the moment I'm not sure if it will prove anything?

do you still want me to try?

hinchers
Explorer

I have disabled BT parental controls which worked initally but after turning the TV off and back on I have the same error code!

rachelhughes28
Explorer

Hi im new to this type of thing, im having same problems on my Kd- 43x8309c and to be honest im wishing i never bought this tele.

i have tried everything you are all trying and it works for a little while then goes off again !!

Works on other teles and tablets just not on the one i need it to!!!

Called netflix they say bt fault they are aware of it! Called bt they blame sony!!!

Going round and round!  Think sony need to do new update to resolve what ever they changed on last update as its from the new update it we t wrong!!! Anyone had any luck yet? 

Mallon89
New

I am having the same problems, have tried all of the above to resolve. 

Can an song please advise how and when this will be fixed as have only had tv for 4 months and Netflix works on all other devices. 

Very frustrating!