Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix problems

Shrek2015
Explorer

Netflix problems

Ever since the recent update I have not been able to access Netflix. I get Error code ui-800-3 (%MSL_INTERNAL+CODE%)  I have searched this forum and much more but none of the solutions given has worked for me. I am able to access Netflix ok on another televison which is not Sony. Help please ?

My Model is 

KD-55X8509C

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know this sounds silly, but can you please list exactly which solutions you have tried.  Im just trying to figure out if some of you are missing one, but without knowing what you have tried, i dont know.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Netflix Problems – Checklist

• Disabled Parental Controls?        YES / NO
  • Disabled BT Protect?        YES / NO
  • Waited a few hours after disabling the above?     YES / NO
  • Factory Reset Router (instructions HERE)?            YES / NO
  • Cleared Netflix cache on TV (instructions HERE)?      YES / NO
Harrytsg
Explorer

Netflix Problems – Checklist
Disabled Parental Controls? YES / NO - yes, but always were disabled
Disabled BT Protect? YES / NO - yes, twice, made no difference
Waited a few hours after disabling the above? YES / NO - yes, as above
Factory Reset Router (instructions HERE)? YES / NO - no, not yet 
Cleared Netflix cache on TV (instructions HERE)? YES / NO -  yes, made no difference

only thing to have worked for me is factory reset of TV, logging in to Netflix after reboot with tethered phone, then change over to BT wifi. - this is still working for me.

mustafahashim
Explorer

Yes to all of the questions.

Add to them tried re-installing netflix via es-explorer.

Taking electricity off everything and then reconnecting again.

Nothing seems to work. The problem happened to me just after the last update to sony android tv.

Netflix working fine via my PS4 same router.

Working fine via iPad and the Samsung galaxy note 4. 

The problem seems to be only with sony android tv.

ts830s
Explorer

I hope others are getting Netflix now! I had tried most things suggested, except a factory reset, nothing worked. Tonight I tried again to access Netflix and bingo no error message but Netflix required my email and password. Entered these and all is now working as normal. No idea why, but I hope this continues. When my 55" Sony was playing up all other devices, computers etc. have had no issues. Fingers crossed somebody whether Netflix Sony or BT has sorted this, and long may we have no more issues. Many times I have nearly returned the TV. I feel I was sold something still under developement.

rachelhughes28
Explorer

Hi personally i think sony need to an update urgently to countract whatever they did with the netflix and bt! This is not acceptable that we are to go through all this when we are sold a set which isnt cheep and it doesnt work correctly! Clearly it is sony update that has caused the error not the customer! Now we are paying for something we are unable to use on our already bought tv! Very disapointed in sony! 

rachelhughes28
Explorer

I Have now done everything on list and still not working!  Any other suggestions as this tv will be finding its way back to sony! 

mustafahashim
Explorer

One more thing

I tried connection my sony tv to Internet viamy mobile using it as a hotspot and netflix worked fone without a glitch even showing the new HDR support.

And because my PS4 works fine with the bt router then I can assume that the problem (at least in my case) is between netflix new update and the bt router only since all other apps in the android tv are working fine.

I don't think it is a much of hassle for Sony. 

They can roll back the update so we can use our netflix on tv and they can work as slowly as they wish to sort out the problem and release the updated software when they are done.

But leaving us like this without even commenting absolutely shambolic ..

I paid 1000 £ for this tv and I deserve respect from sony for that ...

Or may be we shall just return the tv !! 

It's a sony problem and they have to admit that and they have to fix is NOW .. its 10 days now since the problem appeared and sony seems like they don't even care .. I keep on getting emails from them asking me to send model numbers and contact numbers but that's it. No one cared enough to fix the problem !!!!

May be they don't use sony tv and they are not affected by the problem that's why... !!

Very poor customer support ..!

mustafahashim
Explorer

I also tried logging in to my account via the opera browser which was fine but I could play any show apparently because it is not supported.

Also I tried casting netflix from my Samsung galaxy to the tv but again it didn't work because when you cast from mobile it will start the netflix app of the tv which again gives you the same error.

So far I think I did more trials then sony customer support team which apparently is sitting there waiting for us to solve the problem !!

mustafahashim
Explorer

Now I tried to install an android version of the application using the ES explorer, that went fine. However it won't sign in because of a network problem.

I also tried to install an older version for android tv by downloading apk file. It won't install apparently because it is older version.

Now in running out of solution an d I just can't keep thinking :

Is it sony that prevents netflix app to connect to Internet? ?

I wonder if any other people using different isp like sky or Virgini can comment if they have the same problem? 

I wonder if apps like sony video service will have same problem and sony just keep watching !!