Join now - be part of our community!

No signal on tv

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

No signal on tv

Hi

i switched on my tv & it has come up with the words no signal.please check your antenna connection.

i have checked the connection it seems to be ok,I have also checked the connection to the back of the tv & it also seems to be ok.

my tv is a Sony KD-55S8505CBU 

any help would be appreciated 

thanks Mark 

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

The TV is DOA?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
jerryho
Explorer

What is DOA?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Dead On Arrival.

Anything that does not work from new may have been delivered in that state.

If you have set it up according to the instructions, tried to tune it in and got nothing, yet another device works fine on the same aerial connection - socket and cable - you need to contact the supplier and report the issue, with a view to getting talked through some diagnostic steps, and getting a replacement item if these steps do not resolve the issue.

Who was your supplier? Situations like this are where bricks-and-mortar stores have the edge over pure internet suppliers.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
jerryho
Explorer

Hi

I have just got a replacement from the supplier and now have a perfectly operating TV.

Thanks for your interest and assistance

Jerry
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Great result! May you be very happy with your working, replaced, TV!