Join now - be part of our community!

On start up getting Android and Bouncing Balls before TV picture

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Axcroft
Explorer

On start up getting Android and Bouncing Balls before TV picture

For the past 3 days my Bravia KD-65XE9005 starts with the Android / Sony Bouncing Balls logo routine with each power on after a long switch off (mainly overnight).  For short switch offs, it will switch straight back on.

It is connected to my Sky Q box and I get the same result whether using my Sky Q or the Sony remotes to power up.
Prior to this no problems in 4 years.

The TV is set to auto download the latest software.

I have searched high and low, help needed!!

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Axcroft, it's my pleasure to help! Will be following on the thread to check if the issue got resolved or not! 

profile.country.IE.title
Colorl
Explorer

Hi there I installed 6.7205 last week my KD55A1 was very stable for 4 years till this update.

I have had to do a factory reset since and bring back up to latest firmware. Twice since i have had to complete a full power cycle. TV randomly shuts down. Ironically update 6.7205 was to address the reboot issue, an issue i never had in the first instance but now I do !

profile.country.GB.title
Axcroft
Explorer

Hi @Colorl ,

This is most odd!  As soon as I installed 6.7205, my Android reboots - which had been constant for a week - stopped just as instantly as they started.  I think it might be best for you to create a new problem thread - as this one is showing as solved - and there are a great bunch of experts on this site who will help you find a speedy solution.  Best wishes

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Colorl, this strange! Try a factory reset after the update, also, does it shut down completely? Or reboot? (Restart itself)?

profile.country.IE.title
Colorl
Explorer

thank you for the advice. I'll start a new thread I have more information since my original post

Rgds