Join now - be part of our community!

option button not working in HDMI mode

SOLVED
Lee005
New

option button not working in HDMI mode

ive just got my sony KDL50W706 and everything seems fine except when i push the options button on the remote to edit picture sound ect while in HDMI is selected nothing happens, if i change the input to TV the option button works ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lee005
New

fixed it myself i had it plugged into the HDMI MHL connection

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Lee005
New

fixed it myself i had it plugged into the HDMI MHL connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you figured it out.  For me, I find it a little self-satisfying when I work it out.  And then its the case of if I post my problem, 2 minutes later, it all 'clicks into place'

syedrakib
New

Hi, i am still having this problem. How do i indentify whether my HDMI port is MHL?

My R352C has 2 HDMI ports:

1. HDMI 1 / ARC
  2. HDMI 2

As you can see, there is no particular HDMI which is labelled as MHL.

The OPTIONS key in my remote works fine in the TV mode. The OPTIONS also works fine for the HDMI ports when i plug in my laptop via HDMI cable. But the OPTIONS key doesn't work when i plug in my Chromecast dongle. What's going on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please confirm the full model number of your TV, as I dont recognise that model?

Cheers

syedrakib
New

I solved the problem by setting the BRAVIA Sync > Device Control Keys to None.

Due to the BRAVIA Sync being On, when i was pressing the OPTIONS key in my TV's remote, instead of hitting the OPTIONS feature of the TV, it was hitting the OPTIONS feature of the connected HDMI device (in my case, the connected chromecast dongle). However, the chromecast doesn't have any OPTIONS feature and, hence, it was irrelevant. Thus, after setting the BRAVIA Sync > Device Control Keys to None, the remote control's OPTIONS button started hitting the TV's OPTIONS feature instead of the connected HDMI device's OPTIONS feaature anymore.

P.S. i actually turned off the whole BRAVIA Sync feature later on as i didn't need it anyways.

geoff333
Explorer

Thanks Skydrakib, A 20 minute conversation with the Sony help line couldn't solve this promlem, (I may just as well have asked the cat!), they passed the blame to Sky!

syedrakib
New

Do you mean, turning off BRAVIA Sync (as posted in my reply) has worked for
you?