Join now - be part of our community!

Random Android Reboot

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Random Android Reboot

I have seen previous comments of a similar nature but wonder if anyone is currently experiencing the same now.

My 2017 Bravia XD8305 49" is nearing the end of its warranty (the previous one listed 5 yrs 2mths!) so I aim concerned.  Since last Android update in March 2021 I have experienced random rebooting of Android system. I have not been establish any pattern. I have tried switching on TV first then and Virgin V6 and the reverse.  Sometimes on switch on or soon after : sometimes after about half an hour- sometimes more.  In all cases (but one) the sound goes first followed by the picture about 10 seconds later then blank screen and reboots Android when it restarts where I left off.  

I reported it to Sony who had me doing factory reset etc. without any change. Told to be patient and it would be sorted in next software update.. Except it isn't .  Another factory reset. Locking up. remote not working. Unplugged from wall got it going but not solved. Told I have been to be patient again as it has been referred up to technical (again!). Virgin Media say they have no knowledge of problem.

Surely I can't be alone?

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi billdog, it's a known issue that Sony is working on, they said it is going to be a future update BTW.

profile.country.GB.title
iainh124a
Explorer

I am experiencing a similar issue with the KD-43XF8505.

Once it is switch on (usually occurs in the morning) there is no sound and within 10-20 seconds the TV then reboots automatically.

Once it has restarted then the sound is fine and the problem usually reoccurs again after 24-48 hours (after the first morning switch on usually).

This wasn't an issue when the TV was first purchased and looks to have become a problem after a subsequent firmware update.

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Sounds like the same problem.  They acknowledge it is a software problem that they have identified and are said to be working on it for a future update but this has been going on for 7 months now and and the subsequent update did not resolve it.  Get in touch with Sony if you haven’t already.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@iainh124a, that's also a known issue which will be corrected via a software update as per Sony. There was a workaround:

Disabling the interactive application (HbbTV)
Go to: [HOME] → [Settings] → [Watching TV] → [Channels] [Channel Setup] → [Digital setup] → [Interactive Application Setup] → [Interactive Application] → [OFF]

profile.country.GB.title
iainh124a
Explorer

Thanks @HannahEd01 for the suggestion - sadly I don't see the [Interactive Application Setup] → [Interactive Application] → [OFF] options within the menus but will keep an eye out for software updates in the coming months.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Iain

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Try this one: Turning off [Update Guide in standby] setting
Go to: [HOME] → [Settings] → [Watching TV] → [Channels] → [Channel Setup]  [Digital Setup] → [Guide setup] → [Update Guide in standby] → [OFF]

profile.country.GB.title
iainh124a
Explorer

Thanks once again @HannahEd01 - that option is present so I have switched that feature off and will see how the next few days go. I don't use Freeview (use Sky Q instead) so wouldn't have been using this feature so thanks once again for another great suggestion.

Iain

profile.country.GB.title
johnglo-21
Explorer

Hi - I have the same problem which started after the last software update - the reboot doesn't always happen on power up - sometimes it will reboot after a few seconds and sometimes it can go a few minuets - very frustrating. The sound always goes first. Am going to try the two suggested methods to try and correct it until a new software update is available - i'll let you know if it works.

profile.country.GB.title
iainh124a
Explorer

Morning :slight_smile:

Just to let you know that I had initially thought that the settings change had solved the problem since I had two days without the random restart occurring. Sadly on the 3rd day it started again and has now happened 3 times this week so far.

Will await a potential fix in an upcoming software update.

Iain

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, after trying the workarounds, maybe try a factory reset.