Join now - be part of our community!

Random noise Reduction question

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
CaptainLambino

Random noise Reduction question

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia 49XE8396 and I use it mainly for Netflix, PS4 Pro and watching catchup TV

Can anyone explain the following settings

Random Noise Reduction

Digital Noise Reduction

The general consensus online seems to be to turn these settings off, some people appear to be vocal about these settings and the effects they have. HOWEVER I can’t even see any change on the screen to warrant turning them off or on?

any help would be great!

cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Captain, 

After browsing the section questions & answers on the support page of your BRAVIA I found the following info: 

"Clarity - Random noise reduction. Reduce repetitive random noise. Random noise appears as rough noise during screen movement, and also appears when the reception state is poor with analog broadcasting. Random noise tends to occur when the broadcasting station raises the sensitivity of the camera and is often seen in dark scenes. This function reduces repetitive random noise."

"Clarity - Digital noise reduction. Reduce video compression noise. Digital noise, such as mosquito noise, easily occurs in images such as terrestrial digital broadcasts, as well as other noise that appears to be blocky. This function reduces this video compression noise."

You can see some example pictures as well if you go to this page

Hope this helps! 

Best, 

Arthur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Captain, 

After browsing the section questions & answers on the support page of your BRAVIA I found the following info: 

"Clarity - Random noise reduction. Reduce repetitive random noise. Random noise appears as rough noise during screen movement, and also appears when the reception state is poor with analog broadcasting. Random noise tends to occur when the broadcasting station raises the sensitivity of the camera and is often seen in dark scenes. This function reduces repetitive random noise."

"Clarity - Digital noise reduction. Reduce video compression noise. Digital noise, such as mosquito noise, easily occurs in images such as terrestrial digital broadcasts, as well as other noise that appears to be blocky. This function reduces this video compression noise."

You can see some example pictures as well if you go to this page

Hope this helps! 

Best, 

Arthur