Sharing recorded content

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ThomasTag
New

Sharing recorded content

Hi,

I have this problem on my new Sony KD-55A8:

I can't share the recorded shows to be seen from another TV in the house (DLNA) natively (didn't find out how).
If using an Android App like Kodi it isn't working either because the recording format is unknown/special ???
The DLNA app finds other files to share on the hard drive, like mp3 mp4 mkv and others but non of the recorded TV shows.
PS: the builtin DLNA client is fine.
Thanks for help on this.

Thomas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

All the recording, in any tv, are encrypted, so no third party application (on the TV or any other device, even a Tv of the same model) can play them.

Letting them available via a kind of DLNA server (all the TV are normally only DLNA renderer) AFAIK is available only on Panasonic TVs, but I never tried if even those TV can display internal tuner's recording

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

All the recording, in any tv, are encrypted, so no third party application (on the TV or any other device, even a Tv of the same model) can play them.

Letting them available via a kind of DLNA server (all the TV are normally only DLNA renderer) AFAIK is available only on Panasonic TVs, but I never tried if even those TV can display internal tuner's recording

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi ThomasTag, you cannot use any recordings from a TV to another. Also, don't try to copy them, you'll lose everything.