Join now - be part of our community!

smart iptv update

profile.country.HR.title
CroMickey
Explorer

smart iptv update

Hi there

I would like to know how to update a Smart IPTV application on my Sony Bravia KD-43X8077. I can't find a way to do it.

Right now I am using version 1.6.10 (activated) and I am really satisfied, but I can se that ver. 1.7 was released soon.

I can reinstall an application, but in that case am I going to get a new MAC address and have to pay one more time?

Am I right?

Thanks

Mickey

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

https://siptv.app/news/

Note: The application is no longer available in Google Play/Amazon apps stores. You can install the application on your Android TV, Fire TV and other devices by downloading the latest APK from Android instructions page. Make sure your device has Android 5.0+ version installed. Phones/tablets are not supported yet.

Manolo

profile.country.HR.title
CroMickey
Explorer

That was not my question.

I know how to install it, but I already payed for SIPTV and dont't want to pay one more time, because if I get a new MAC addres with reinstalling new application version, I have to pay again.

I would like to know is it possible to update application from old to a new version on my TV and how?

Mickey

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It should work like all other Apps, it is worth your Account.

Manolo

profile.country.HR.title
CroMickey
Explorer

Do you want to say that MAC address will stay the same if I reinstall application to a new version?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The Mac address is on your TV, one on Wi-Fi and one on the LAN, those do not change even if you restore the TV.

Manolo

profile.country.HR.title
CroMickey
Explorer

Ok, but do you know that each application have another MAC address on one TV?

I hope you ara right for this application.

Mickey

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It is the device that has a Mac address, not the Application. "A media access control address (MAC address) of a device is a unique identifier assigned to a network interface controller (NIC) for communications"

Manolo

profile.country.HR.title
CroMickey
Explorer

I was thinking that before also, but it is not. I have installed two different applications and each has a dirrefent MAC address on the same TV.

One application is SIPTV and the other is IPTV Extreme. MAC addresses are completely different

Mickey

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The MAC address concerns the devices as I wrote you, maybe the two Apps detect the two different MAC addresses of the TV that are one of the wireless and one of the LAN, otherwise we do not talk about MAC address.

Manolo