Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
mgelder
Explorer

Hi

Where did you get the date of 23rd of Dec from ??

frankie1g

Yes this is interesting are the new boards making an improvement and are . they . different spec to.the original boards . other wise I'm baffled to.why.sony are.replacing.them  Sent from my Samsung device
frankie1g

Before . 24th  Sent from my Samsung device
adyjay33

Good point on the board change, if they are a different spec then I want it too... guess I am going to have to complain to Sony...

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

As far as I can see, both of the issues I am raising (Screen format popup and HDD record) are software issues, and Sony has finally confirmed this.  I don't know if there are any other issues that could be cured by changing a board... ??

All I willl say as a general comment is that, having worked at Sony for several years and used Sony products for over 30 years, Sony is GREAT at hardware and TERRIBLE at software.  So they will introduce fantastic hardware products that are let down by poor or non-existent software.  I recently had to return a Sony NEX 7 camera and lenses (which Sony are stilll selling!) because the lenses didn't work properly with the camera - the software was (incredibly) not compatible.

Also with my previous TV, it was proclaimed as having NFC.  Well, it had NFC hardware - but the software was incompatible with any other NFC devices! So I couldnt pair my SONY phone to the TV......

This is what I mean by embarrassing and basic software problems, and this S85C TV is probably the last Sony device I will buy..  Very sad but I just cant take the strain any more, they are just too bad at software.

frankie1g

My thoughts are if its a different board and the problems are reduced.then a recall is needed  Sent from my Samsung device
cotaylo93
Explorer

I've got the same problem with my KDL-50W805C.

profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

I'm going to return my 55X850C to Sony for a full refund.  I don't see any evidence whatsoever of Sony treating this problem seriously.  I therefore predict that it will go on for ever and it will never get fixed.  In the meantime, I will have paid far more for a TV with a very basic manufacturing defect.   

davewaite

Well engineers came out to my 65 inch Bravia on Friday and tried to fit a new motherboard in an effort to fix the pop up problem but ended up in a far worse situation by screwing the whole tv up..it wouldn't even turn on!..They took the tv away with the promise of an answer by Wednesday. In the meantime we have had to watch a portable tv all weekend in the lounge. I have demanded a new tv from Sony..so heaven knows what's going to happen now. It's a damn disgrace and a shocking unforgivable way to treat their customers!

imant64

New update is downloading to my TV ... currently at 30% ... will test 3D playback as soon as installed and report back.