Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

lukefildes
Explorer

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

Hi

I have just bought a Sony Bravia KD49X83 4K Ultra HD Android TV. I have a problem where the tv just turns itself on all on it's own at any hour randomly. I do not have any timers set. Does anyone else have this problem

There are no lights flashing or anything

Thanks

58 REPLIES 58
profile.country.DE.title
moep123
Explorer

I know this thread is old as nuts.

But try this as a workaround:

Background: For me, the TV just turns on automatically if I switch it to standby while in Home-Menu.
it seems, that the notification panel on top gets the TV out of sleep state.

Workaround: Try switching the TV in standby when you are at Source HDMI1; HDMI2; HDMI3 or HDMI4.

I'm doing it for almost half a year now and the TV didn't turned itself on anymore..

but it still does if silly me is turning it off within the home menu

Edit: by the way... an option to completely turn off that notification section would be cool.. I'm looking at you, sony!

profile.country.GB.title
cryofry
New

I have just started getting this problem on my 65W850C. It has happened about four times now. I will wake up in the morning and the TV will be on, sitting on the HDMI input screen...

I've tried disabling wifi, etc but nothing seems to work. It happens randomly, sometimes straight after I turn it off or hours later. I even set the screensaver to come on after 15 mins of inactivity but for some reason it doesn't work - it just sits on the static screen. 8 hours on a static screen is not something I like my TV doing.

There is a Sony Bravia TV at my work that is used as a calendar. It gets switched off when we leave every afternoon. I have noticed that it is sometimes on when I come in to work in the mornings, sitting on a static screen. WiFi is disabled but it is connected via Ethernet. I've ruled out updates turning on the TV as mine turned on this morning when I had wifi disabled and no Ethernet connected.

profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

It's got nothing to do with WiFi, read the thread and you'll find it's because of synch issues.

profile.country.DE.title
moep123
Explorer

Dude, do as I mentioned. 

I also have a w850c. It won't turn on randomly if you switch it off while on HDMI 1; HDMI 2 or any of those input sources. Been doing that for almost a year now.. no random turn ons so far.

Edit: nevermind,.. must have missed the part where you mentioned you've done that.

I'm sorry, ignore me.

profile.country.GB.title
macgeek
New

I have discovered that the MHL is turning my sony on randomly

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/imanual/NA/2013/W802A/uc_uen/brsyncset_uc.html

Caronaman
Explorer

Sony bravia has android on board works like a computer has auto update feature change update time to when you are going to be up then you will see it turns on to update and restarts after and resumes what you were watching when you shut off 

@lukefildes wrote:

Hi

I have just bought a Sony Bravia KD49X83 4K Ultra HD Android TV. I have a problem where the tv just turns itself on all on it's own at any hour randomly. I do not have any timers set. Does anyone else have this problem

Thanks

Caronaman
Explorer

Because it has an internal clock so when time is set to update it turns on to do update then restarts

profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

@Caronaman wrote:

Sony bravia has android on board works like a computer has auto update feature change update time to when you are going to be up then you will see it turns on to update and restarts after and resumes what you were watching when you shut off 

@lukefildes wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Which has got absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

JnLM4760
Explorer

All the time. Checked everything, I mean EVERYTHING, and nothing is wrong. Factory reset????..

JnLM4760
Explorer

Nope