Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-49XD8077 screen goes blank while watching Freeview

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
matt_whitchurch
New

Sony KD-49XD8077 screen goes blank while watching Freeview

Hi all

I have an issue with my Sony KD-49XD8077.

About 30 seconds after switching the TV on and watching freeview the TV screen goes blank and there is no audio. The blue LED stays illuminated. I then have to select TV on the remote control or press the Home button for the TV to work again – which is quite annoying.

I only have a PS3 connected to the TV via HDMI (although it’s switched off at the wall as it’s rarely used). Plus two USB sticks in the side with video files. Youview is disabled as it’s horribly slow. The TV software is up to date.

I’ve tried unplugging the power cord for a while but the problem persists.

I’ve searched the forum and can’t find any previously reported issues like this. Any ideas?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I've not come across this issue before.   I would suggest performing a reset on your TV which should resolve the issue.  You can find more details on how to perform this here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I've not come across this issue before.   I would suggest performing a reset on your TV which should resolve the issue.  You can find more details on how to perform this here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
matt_whitchurch
New

Thanks Sean.

I did the reset as suggested and no issues since.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Matt,

That's great the reset has resolved the issue. 😃

Thanks for letting me know.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
matt_whitchurch
New

Hi Sean

Just posting back to say that unfortunately, the problem with the screen going blank shortly after switching on the TV has returned!  :rolling_eyes:

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Matt,

Could you try another reset to see if that helps? Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
matt_whitchurch
New

Hi Ed

Thanks for your reply.

I've now applied the reset - time will tell if it is a permanent fix.

Just FYI, I noticed a pattern in the occurance of the problem.  It seemed to occur after either Youtube or VLC was in use, TV set to standby, TV turned back on again to watch TV.  This is when the screen would go blank.  Also, I've started to use Youview again and the problem affects this as well as when watching TV in Youview disabled mode.

Cheers

Matt