Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD9305 BREAKS DOWN FREQUENTLY

profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

KD-55XD9305 BREAKS DOWN FREQUENTLY

I purchased the 55inch Sony KD-55XD9305 with a 6 year warranty in November 2016 from Richer Sounds in the UK and Since then it has broke down

3 times with same fault ie no power to tv completely dead. 1st time 24/4/2017 took 22 days to fix due to DPS board on back order. Fix took by engineer took 30 minutes when part arrived. 2nd time 14/7/2017 again same fault no power and new DPS board took over a week to source again fixed by engineer in 30 minutes. 3rd time same fault no power 25/7/2017 this is 5 weeks since last fault. DPS board replaced again and also another fault on the AC adaptor has occurred. The engineer has ordered a new AC adaptor from Sony and i an still waiting as i write this on 3/9/2017. I have requested a new TV from Sony to replace the current one and i am still waiting a response from the Sony escalation team promised on 5/9/2017. Has anyone else experienced this level of breakdown on this model and how was it resolved. Sony must know about this fault on this model and need to do something special for me. Paul Thompson UK

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @pauthomp64 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you've had such trouble with your TV.

Can I firstly ask how this issue was escalated?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

Hi, the first time I first contacted the retailer Richer Sounds UK. They said because tv was over 90 days old they could only refer me to Sony which they did. I spoke to Sony direct (albeit a Sony call centre based in Egypt) re my dissatisfaction with the whole issue and they said they would raise it with the Sony escalation team for possible compensation due to time to do repair (22 days). They would not replace the TV but offered 1 month additional warranty which i said was unacceptabel. They came back offered me £25.00 and i rejected that, then £50.00 which i rejected then as a last final offer they offered £75.00 which i accepted as it was obvious Sony were not interested in replacing the TV. The second and third breakdowns i contacted Sony direct and again escalated through the Sony team. I am still waiting a response from the team and they have promised to phone me on 5/9/2017. I have many Sony products but this TV is unreliable, obviously has a design fault and is not fit for purpose. I would have expected that Sony a worldwide high profile company would have changed the TV without hesitation, perhaps i should have purchased through John Lewis UK who i guess would support a replacement, hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

Thanks for all the info.

The main reason I asked was that as it hasn't been done through this forum yet,

I can now escalate it here for you :slight_smile:

It may take several days for them to contact you, plus today is Sunday.

Are your contact details correct in your profile?

Also I do have to say that Sony usually use refurbished units as

replacements depending on factors including how long after purchase the fault was detected etc.

Depending on the size of the job, they may just offer another repair.

However I do agree that the problems you have had  really aren't good enough.

Keep us posted.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

Yes profile details are correct thanks

Sent from my HTC
profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

I am still waiting for the AC adaptor part to arrive at the repair contractors. Sony promised to phone me today following the escalation of this not fit for purpose TV. 1) lets see if they do phone and 2) what solution Sony propose, I will report in due course.

profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

Hi Jumpsuit, my profile details are correct thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Great stuff.

Support have confirmed  to me  that they will contact you

as promised today (5th September).

Good luck :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

Hi Jumpy,

Re Sony call back promised for today 5/9/2017 as predicted they had not called me back by 17:30 hours UK time so i phoned them yet again, this is unacceptable. They said that my case is still with the escalation team and customer relations will definitley call me Wednesday 6th September 2017 but they could not give me a time so we will wait and see if this happens tommorow and what they propose. Also the repair people called this afternoon to say that the replacement AC adaptor is scheduled to arrive at their faciliy from Sony on Thursday 7th September and they will come and fit on Friday 8th September. Regards Paul

profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

Hi Jumpy, 05/09/2017 would you believe Sony just called me at 20:45 UK time to confirm that they SONY customer relations will call me between 09:00 and 18:00 tommorow on 6th September 2017 to discuss proposals , why so late in the evening? lets hope Sony as an international once respected company stop messing me about and keep to their word and resolve this issue once and for ever regards Paul