Join now - be part of our community!

SONY KD43XD8088BU 4K HDR Screen Stuttering

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Fas1984
Explorer

SONY KD43XD8088BU 4K HDR Screen Stuttering

Hello, I wonder if you can help me, my TV screen for some reason stutters or judders or whatever you call it. basically what happens is no matter what game I'm playing, be it fast paced like drive club or FPS like COD or even slow games like Minecraft, the screen starts Stuttering. I have it in Game Mode so I assume this takes off all the extra power that I don't need but the problem is still there, it's like whenever I turn around or go in a straight direction you can see the Stuttering coming, I tried hard reset on both the TV and PS4 Pro but the problem is still there. it's frustrating, I bought the TV 6 months ago and this has been happening 2 months ago. any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't enjoy the games when it's like this.

I've uploaded a video on YouTube using 4K video on my phone, don't know why the video gone sideways but If you put it on full screen it should go normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_1nSj0S3Q4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Fas1984
Explorer

I've solved it, the problem was not the TV or the PS4 Pro itself, it was the controller, apparently one of the analogue stick was a bit sticky and whenever I used it it would slightly stick to that direction, causing it to move the screen back and fourth.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Fas1984
Explorer

I've put a video up on YouTube, don't know why video gone sideways but If you put it on full screen it should go normal, I've uploaded it on my phone using 4K video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_1nSj0S3Q4

profile.country.GB.title
Fas1984
Explorer

I've solved it, the problem was not the TV or the PS4 Pro itself, it was the controller, apparently one of the analogue stick was a bit sticky and whenever I used it it would slightly stick to that direction, causing it to move the screen back and fourth.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying back with the answer - always like knowing what the ultimate cause of problems was.  However I doubt anyone on the forums would have picked that !  :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Fas1984
Explorer

no problem, for week's I have googled and searched on YouTube to find the answer but to no avail, I can 100% say it was the controller that was causing the issue, when I was playing drive club i waited till all the AI gone and then I hit starting going. as I got to first bend using the analogue stick to turn the screen started to stutter, so much I lost control of the car and hit a barrier lol. when the car fully stopped I put the controller down and just stare at the screen just to see if the Stuttering starts when I'm going round the bends or when the car is still, and it was at that moment I saw the screen was slightly going left then straight then left rapidly without me touching the controller. I said to myself it must be the controller, so I borrowed my friend controller and everything ran smoothly, I then tried my controller and and the screen started to stutter, basically the screen was trying to go straight but because of the faulty controller it was making the screen go left abit so both were fighting each other causing a suttering screen. I  now have brand new controller and the issues has never been back.