Join now - be part of our community!

subtitles

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
guyrunner
Explorer

subtitles

i have a severe hearing problem so i need subtitles, and many times there has being films i would love to watch on  SONY TV channels but to no avail they do not allow subtitles on any of Sony the channels, why is this !!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piscie
Community Team

Hi guyrunner, the subtitle feature depends on the channel provider and many channels are not supporting it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Piscie
Community Team

Hi guyrunner, the subtitle feature depends on the channel provider and many channels are not supporting it.

profile.country.GB.title
guyrunner
Explorer

thanks piscis 

for your answer i thought this as well but was hoping there might be a way round it 

i will just stick to film4 which is very good as all films have subtitles on that channel 

profile.country.GB.title
guyrunner
Explorer

agree on whot yer say about tv channels not putting subtitles on, this mean sony tv channels dont care about about ppl like me with severe hearing problem,and thanks for your reply 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@guyrunner 

They aren’t Sony channels any more, they are Great! channels.

Gets Sony off the hook, anyway.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
guyrunner
Explorer

thanks royal

ifound that out and still no subs come up was hoping with new owner things would be better

the quality of picture an sound is not good , bbc beats that channel all round  for sound an pic

profile.country.GB.title
guyrunner
Explorer

freeview  /  freesat

i .have both setup with my ag9 an its no problem at all

don't want to keep going on about subtitles  but found that when i recorded star trek enterprise 

on freesat no subtitles came up, yet on freeview the subtitles came on  !!!

both were on the pick channel .

just thought this info would help anyone who may not know