Join now - be part of our community!

SWF-BR100 stopped working after Android 9 update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

SWF-BR100 stopped working after Android 9 update

Can anyone help?

After the recent update to Android TV 9.0 on my Bravia KD-49XD8305 it appears it will no longer support the dongle that connects to the Subwoofer. It has worked perfectly for the last few years with other updates to the OS.

It will now not sync with the subwwofer, what ever I try to do. I have reset the TV, reset the USB sender/dongle and the Subwoofer too, all with no sucess.

I have read on the USA community board someone else has had the same problem. I doubt I will be able to roll back to Android 8, so waiting on a fix from Sony I guess.

Unless someone has a fix?

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

I tend to agree with your thoughts with regard to the sub being a niche bit of kit, but if Sony don't acknowledge that there is even an issue, then maybe buying another Sony is something many won't consider in the future.

It would be nice to know that the problem has been acknowledged and that maybe a fix or roll back of software is in the pipeline.

Come on SONY - Do something for us !!!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi d20a1a67e5e93e22,, did you receive the new dongle? Did it work? What about you guys who reported the issue? Any updates?

profile.country.GB.title
djlman
Explorer

There has been no change on my side, and I've logged a support request with the team who say that it's being looking at by engineering - #21962140.  I don't see how this could be the dongle as all the users reported this harping following the Android 9 update.  It would be interesting to know if a new dongle resolves the issue, but if it did, then it would appear that the update damaged the dongle.  You change the wireless subwoofer settings in the TV still, so it is sensing something is there - not sure if that is just the dongle though.

profile.country.SI.title
d20a1a67e5e93e22
Explorer

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for a new dongle - transmitter (UWT-BR100) and also still waiting for a new update, I hope.

profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

No change from myself either.

My reference with support is 21783813 raised on the 22/01/21

I have replied to the email that acknowledge my case to check for a update and am awaiting a reply back.

Still hoping a fix is just around the corner.

profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

After chasing up customer support yesterday, I received the following stock reply....

Thank you for contacting Sony support.
We are sorry to learn that the subwoofer does not connect after the software.
We have raised your case to our technical team for investigation. However, we cannot provide any further information at the moment, as the investigation is still ongoing. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

So still waiting...................

profile.country.GB.title
mattv91
Explorer

Just to keep you all updated, I have tried plugging the dongle into my other Sony TV in the back room and it works fine. So it looks like the cause is definitely the update that has stopped it from working, and it’s hasn’t damaged the dongle. Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

mattv91

Interesting to know, thanks for the update.

Its good to know we don't have to fork our for a new UWT-BR100. They seem to be around £200!

Waiting on Sony to update the software then all should be fixed.

profile.country.SI.title
d20a1a67e5e93e22
Explorer

Hay,

finally  I received today brand new transmitter Sony UWT-BR100. I try to solve the problem but unfortunately it doesn't work, nothings happened, the problem still exist, so the real problem is in software Android 9. I hope that the software will come soon....... Maybe for temporarily solution they would give us the option to use the old Android 8 until a new update arrives.

Robert from Slovenia

profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

Robert

Well that does go to prove a point - it is just a software issue within the Android 9 software. Somewhat unfortunately you now have two UWT-BR100 dongles!

Is there anyone reading this thread that knows if a roll back to Android 8 is an option?

Or where it would be available?

Personally, I would rather have a fully functioning TV than one with the latest software with reduced compatability!

Thanks for the update...

Paul - UK