TV shows recording problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ThomasTag
New

TV shows recording problem

Hi,

I have these problems on my new Sony KD-55A8:

- I cannot record a program on one channel and watch another channel at the same time (direct UPC digital coax connection between TV and wall plug). Nothing else.
- I cannot program the recording of two programs that follow each other because they "overlap" it says. (as each one starts 5' before and ends 5-15' after (adjustable)). (Nor do two overlapping programs on two separate channels).

FYI, recording storage is a MyPassport 1TB hard drive connected to the USB socket specifically intended for this. Performance test passed by the TV diagnostic OK.

Thanks for help on this.

Thomas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your TV spot twin DVB-T (Terrestrial) and DVB-S (Satellite) tuners, but only 1 DVB-C (cable) tuner: so depending which one your are using, you may or may not watch another channel while recording. (btw also using the twin tuners, you may be blocked if using a CAM for encoded broadcasting)

You selected the adjustable before-start and after-stop recording time so two program one after the other are not possible. You can however set to 0 the configuration (I would not suggest to because you risk to loose begin/end) or manually change the first programmed recording end to include also the second (if on same channel). Or adjust the end in order to fit the two.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your TV spot twin DVB-T (Terrestrial) and DVB-S (Satellite) tuners, but only 1 DVB-C (cable) tuner: so depending which one your are using, you may or may not watch another channel while recording. (btw also using the twin tuners, you may be blocked if using a CAM for encoded broadcasting)

You selected the adjustable before-start and after-stop recording time so two program one after the other are not possible. You can however set to 0 the configuration (I would not suggest to because you risk to loose begin/end) or manually change the first programmed recording end to include also the second (if on same channel). Or adjust the end in order to fit the two.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi ThomasTag, the TV has twin tuners (Satellite and digital) Check the specs here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/kd-55a8/specific...

try unplugging the TV from the mains for two minutes and disconnect any external device.