Join now - be part of our community!

Tv

Elma25
New

Tv

Hi my Tv went on fire in my living room in front of small children Sony left it my house for two weeks before they removed it they want me to accept this REPAIRED tv back in my home. It’s fullly under warranty and needs to be replaced it’s a fire hazard. 
DO NOT BUY SONY TV

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

No way! 😖

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Sorry to hear about that!

Did you try to check this option with Sony ?

profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

Hi

what option would that be? Hammer to the screen? I’m considering it. 

My energy bill trying to get this piece of junk to work is going to be phenomenal - probably cheaper to bin this off right now and buy from a reputable company that will honour their warranty (although saying that, I don’t actually think any company really honours their warranty any more) 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Fab3rge 

Honoured Warranty claims we have had recently:-

2018 Range Rover Evoque, 24 months from dealer pre-owned sale, heater fan not spinning 20 months in, £600+ replacement, factory warranty honoured by JLR

2013 Mini One, 6 months from dealer pre-owned sale, ICE stopped working 3 months in, £345 repair, dealer warranty honoured by RAC

2020 LG GX and GX soundbar, bought new with five-year warranty, subwoofer stopped pairing this year. £180 repair by LG at no cost or inconvenience to us (item collected, fixed, delivered back to our door), retailer warranty honoured by John Lewis

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

I’ve tried dealing with Currys. They are a major PITA. I only shopped there because I got 10% off. They were so bad, they put me off buying electronics. I used to love all the latest gizmos but whenever anything went wrong, their customer service was reliably unreliable. In short, they would never want to accept blame and always try to pass the buck. Just like Sony are doing now with my TV.