Join now - be part of our community!

USB power permanent live?

milner993
Explorer

USB power permanent live?

Today I purchased a set of usb connected rear view mood lighting which are fantastic however I had hoped after turning the TV off by the remote the lights would also switch off but they don't so this means the USB ports are still powered on.

Is there a way to control the USB inputs so they power off and on at the same time as the TV as I can't see any control over them in the external inputs section.

UPDATE: so I switched the TV off and sat and waited after 22mins the rear lights went out 5seconds later they were back on again with the TV still turned off after another 5mins the lights went out again however they stayed off for over 2 minutes then came back on again, the lights have turned off once again and have remained off now for 5mins and are still off at the time of writing why is the USB inputs behaving this way?

My TV is a bravia 49x8309c with the latest update installed. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You cannot really rely on the tv completely switching off the USB power while on standby. You can try switching off all the functionalties that require the TV to wake up from time to time (i.e. automatic fw and app updates, automatic search of new DVBT/DVBS services, remote recording, wake on lan via TV&side view app....). As you can see there are a lot of functionalities that requires the TV activities also in stand by.....

milner993
Explorer

Thank you for posting however my last tv in standby wouldn't keep power going to the USB ports so back lights would turn on and off with the TV it's a shame this TV can't do that maybe Sony can incorporate this into a future update if at all possible
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Probably it wasn't as complex as the newer one. I've bought a set of led too and use the remote that come with it... BTW it's really a nice view using a soft tone backlithing for watching movies ... apart that is not so easy to use the remote in the dark :slight_smile: