Join now - be part of our community!

TV KDL50W755C (android)

majco0908
Explorer

TV KDL50W755C (android)

Hi all, has anybody problem with USB, tv is not showing usb external hdd 1tb and more, any advice? I also format this usb to FAT32 but it did not help, btw i was trying all usb ports in TV but they did not work, any advice please?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have no problems with USB ports or drives.  Sony does not guarantee that all external drives are compatible.  What HDD do you have?

Cheers

majco0908
Explorer

Hi i have WD elements 1tb, but strange is that if i want use this hdd for recording is working...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is the crucial bit "if i want use this hdd for recording is working"

In order for you to use HDD recording the HDD must be 'registered' to the TV.  This then encrypts the HDD.  You cannot use the HDD for recording AND storing of other content.  For HDD Recording, the HDD must be dedicated to the TV for its sole purpose of recording.

If you no longer wish to use the HDD Recording functionality, you will need to 'de-register' the HDD in the settings.

Cheers

majco0908
Explorer

Quinnicus i know about registered and then de-register if i want to use it like normal hdd...first time if i bought hdd i used it like normal ext hdd, but was not working then i tried to record with this hdd and worked so hdd in first time was not working (before register)....maybe is really problem that sony dont support this kind of hdd because usb 64gb is working in any usb conector...

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have had no problems with the 64GB USB and as you are experiencing lots of issues with the WD 1TB, then its probably a compatibility issue.

Can I ask for the exact model number of the WD Elements 1TB, as I am sure it would be helpful for others too.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Are you using an USB3.0 blue extension cable? Most of them are problematic. I have two of them and they are both faulty.

Disks, also an WD elements 1 TB, some times are not recognized, registered or NTFS. Must connect straight to Port.

majco0908
Explorer

Exact model number is:S/N:WXS1EA5DP67A, P/N:WDBUZG0010BBK-0B

Please can you advice any 1tb hdd which you are sure will work please? Thank you

majco0908
Explorer

Hi MiCal1967 yes there was USB 3.0 Blue Cabel Which is compatible with USB 2.0, i formatted disk to NTFS, also to FAT32 also the exFAT, do you thing if i will change "blue" can work it?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

What I can tell is :

• WD Passport WDBBEP0010BSL-01 1TB is OK and hardware is the same with Elements(I think the difference is software provided).
  • Toshiba HD TB110EK3BA 1TB is OK.
  • USB3.0 ICY BOX IB-IC603a-U3 with an old Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00 160GB is OK.

All blue cables are USB3.0 and compatible to USB2.0 but USB3.0 is(or was) badly supported by chipset manufacturers and cables or ports manufacturers. The port and cable manufacturers produced ports and cables that DID NOT FIT exactly each other causing many problems. Try one or more old USB2.0 extension cables with your disk. One possibility is your problem to be a contacts issue.

One disk I had issue in the past was an ADATA HD650 1TB but this could also be a cable issue. Don't have this here to check again, also not the Elements.