Join now - be part of our community!

USB sticks not recognized

USB sticks not recognized

I've been trying to get the USB to work on my KDL-50WF663 TV. I've tried 3 different types of USB sticks .. I've tried formatting them to fat 32 or ntfs .. I've tried loads of different types of files ( Avi. Mkv. Jpeg. Mp4 . Etc) and nothing works ! I try the USB sticks on my  other TV and it's fine !! Help I'm drove crazy trying to fix this 

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Billspen
Explorer

Hi. Thanks for your time. I have reformatted to NTFS from FAT and rebooted but still no joy. I have also tried other USB’s formatted to FAT32 and 16, but nothing. I am awaiting a new Sony usb with fingers crossed!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Billspen,

The issue you are facing is due to the type of partitioning table of the USB storage device. Fixing the issue requires some basic Windows PC skills. If you feel uncomfortable executing the commands, you always can ask a friend or family member to have a look at it. Generally speaking you should be able to perform the steps yourself.

I will move this thread to a similar thread from the past where you can find the full instructions.

Please do not hesitate in asking us any questions you might encounter.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Billspen
Explorer

Hi @dutchice. Wow, an answer that works!!! Brilliant,thank you so much.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Billspen,

Sure, our soul purpose for being here for you is to solve your issues. Thank you for taking your time to report back. We appreciate it greately since it certainly helps other community members in situations just like yourself.

Cheers,

Dutchice