Join now - be part of our community!

Where are iPlayer and ITV hub apps on new A90J 2021 OLEDs?

profile.country.GB.title
Toadio
Explorer

Where are iPlayer and ITV hub apps on new A90J 2021 OLEDs?

All the common UK catchup tv apps appear to be missing for the tv and they cannot be installed from google play store.. spec clearly states YouView support and specifically iPlayer.. surely i cant be the only one that has noticed these are not there?!

215 REPLIES 215
profile.country.GB.title
_GoodTomato_
Explorer

Thanks, I have checked now the Sony Select, unfortunately no luck, BBC, ITV apps not there.

I will be giving a call to sony support once I manage to get half an hr available at day time

profile.country.GB.title
_GoodTomato_
Explorer

Thank you all for the replies.

(sony support not working weekends, so fixed using "default" steps, I wanted to avoid Factory Reset if possible, that was one of few reasons wanted Sony support, but..)

I before already tried (let's call it "normal") reset, also disconnecting for few minutes from power supply, etc. Now I decided to go for Factory Reset and success, finally I got ITV hub, BBC iPlayer.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @_GoodTomato_, that sounds great! Make sure to mark this as a thread solution. :slight_smile:

djslur
Explorer

Has anyone had any luck yet? As per BBC, Sony A90J is on a list of approved devices. See below link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/sony#2021 

Tags (1)
djslur
Explorer

@_GoodTomato_ I just did a factory reset and no luck. Is there anything specific I need to look for?

I purchased the device from outside UK. However, my google account is based in UK. Should this matter?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi djslur, the apps are there since the software update, what's the full model of your TV and the current software version? Also, being purchased outside of the UK might have an impact.