Join now - be part of our community!

X94j Blooming (wide)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

X94j Blooming (wide)

Hi, does any one know if sony are looking at the blooming affect of the X9J series, I like the picture but in dark since you do notice it. 

DSC_0099.JPG

 picture image good but as you see here there is a wide spread all the way to the end of the TV. This is the 65 inch X94J, XR65X94J. If the blooming was a little less and not all the way to the end that would help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Updates possibly can improve, but on any kind of full array / mini led / local dimming system, every model I've seen has blooming around pure contrast areas, it's just one of the bad parts of the tech.

Oleds have burn in.

LCDs have low contrast.

And local led systems have blooming on highest contrast scenes.

For the ~5% of times you'll experience it, I'd forever take a bit of bloom over poor contrast or destroyed oled panels burned in to bits.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gigoto
New

Same here, i own 65xh9077, and blooming effect is pre

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is a fald LCD, blooming is related to the technology more or less depending on the number of dimming zones,  the algorithm used and the settings. If you want non blooming the only option is an OLED.

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Thanks was only asking if any updates could help improve. Like oled but not risking burn in. Do a lot of gaming so playing it safe. Thanks. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Updates possibly can improve, but on any kind of full array / mini led / local dimming system, every model I've seen has blooming around pure contrast areas, it's just one of the bad parts of the tech.

Oleds have burn in.

LCDs have low contrast.

And local led systems have blooming on highest contrast scenes.

For the ~5% of times you'll experience it, I'd forever take a bit of bloom over poor contrast or destroyed oled panels burned in to bits.