Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
Sinsinatus
Explorer

A refund from whom?

I was under the impression that this depends on the timeframe and terms of your warranty. 

What law(s) are you referring to?

I bought mine from Richer Sounds but the two repairs (second one after 12 months, but both within 15 months of purchase) were handled entirely by Sony. Richer Sounds said their policy was to try two repairs first. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sinsinatus
Explorer

Did you buy yours from Sony directly?

I wanted to do this but didn't get anywhere with Sony support. They kept saying it will be okay after the repair--how do you argue with that? Based on this thread I was cynical about the issue recurring, but if they say their repair will fix it permanently, I didn't see how I would get anywhere with the retailer or a court? Also, did you have your problems within 12 months, or was it longer?

Also, really annoying that you get next to nothing from them in writing.

profile.country.GB.title
allwest69
Explorer

Well that’s me completely ***** off with this TV now.  6 months after repair and it’s died again a few days before Christmas and John Lewis can’t get an engineer from Glasgow to me until the 27th (I’m in Aberdeen) 

Thanks Sony, I’ll be sure to mention this thread to my kids this Christmas...

Mine died today for the second time and now I get to spend Xmas with two little boys with no tv. Unbelievable!!!

profile.country.GB.title
allwest69
Explorer

Just had the engineer come round with a new DPS board (they have stock on hand specifically due to the failure rate!!).

This time its a screen fault so it’s being sent back to Sony.  Engineer told me it’s possible they’ll send me the same model back unless it’s discontinued but I really hope it’s they new one as I’m completely sick of this model now.

I have always had a Sony TV but this one is testing my patience with the brand.

profile.country.GB.title
Tracer275
Explorer

I am just wondering if I can consider myself "The Lucky One", as my xd9305 has lasted for 13 months until it suddenly refused to power up. I have been reading through the posts on this forum, and from what I now know, am expecting this to be a long drawn out process. I already have my concerns about ever buying a Sony product again.

profile.country.GB.title
Sinsinatus
Explorer

Mine took 13 months for the first failure (power, same as you). Then 3 more for the second.

I wouldn't call it long and drawn out though.

Insist that the Sony contractor brings an internal supply unit and mention that this is a common issue that has been acknowledged by Sony. You might have to ask Sony support to talk to the contractor.

The repair takes only 10 minutes.

Obviously the big issue is whether the repair lasts. I will be much firmer with Sony if mine fails for a third time.

profile.country.GB.title
Tracer275
Explorer

Thanks for the info, will contact Sony again to request the internal supply unit. Engineer is supposed to be coming by 05/01/18. I will update progress as things proceed.

profile.country.GB.title
Tracer275
Explorer

Just as I first thought, it IS a long drawn out process. I have been in contact with Sony head office and directed to the escalations team who at first seemed to be very reasonable and switched on as to what was happening with this particular model, however, after I had been promised a phone call back within 48 hours, I was very disappointed that I didn't receive the call. 

Another call to head office was made and the receptionist directed my call through to the escalation team where I was put on hold for 58 minutes!!! I hung up and rang again.

This call was answered by " SECURITY" 

Yes, you guessed it,the kind receptionist at Sony had left me on hold for almost an hour, when everyone in the building,apart from the security guard ( who was very polite and a bit embarrassed) had gone home.

So , Thank You Sony, and especially to the receptionist who it would appear might require a bit more training.

More to follow 

profile.country.GB.title
allwest69
Explorer

Just got a call from John Lewis who told me it wasn’t economically viable to repair my broken down XD9305.

They have offered to replace it with the XE9005 instead.  Really glad that I’m not going to have to deal with the XD93 again...