Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Just happened to me today as well.

It's still under Six months old and no power or switching on today.

Replaced remote batteries, tried switch on TV, tried different power sockets, left off for 30 mins.... nothing works.

Thanks SONY, never ever going to buy a SONY product again. Even when this worked, it was sluggish, lost connection with the SONY Wireless Soundbar all the time, and now it packing up after 5 months is just the icing on the cake...

Well done Sony for making rubbish TVs, utterly useless *****

iasmith9031
Explorer

Just had my second 55XD9305 total failure.

Two units both with 2016/04 build dates.

First replaced by identical unit by retailer at 20 days.

Second failed at 6 months old and took an 11 day trip to dundee for a new power board.

Apparently i'm just "unlucky"

Hope the new power board wasnt made at the same time as the others.

profile.country.GB.title
4KGOLD
Explorer

A quick update on my TV fault. The TV was taken away and repaired; the guy said it was a 'board' fault but got it back before Christmas. Service was good (H & H TV repair, Merseyside). Disappointing to spend so much and then the TV breaks down, not impressed by the TV on the whole. Laggy, frequent resets/crashes and then it bricks after a few months ...

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Update on my TV, the Sony Engineers came on Thursday, tried the obvious things like replacing the Powerblock cable (as if i hadn't already tried that..... !!!).

The engineers then conceded and took the TV away. I will now see how long i have to wait for it to be returned.

I contacted Sony about this "Dead TV" issue with the 55XD9305 and told them about all the messages on their SONY forums from all the members saying that they are disgusted with such an expensive SONY tv dying after just a few months of use.

-Sony's response was "In regards to your enquiry, please note that we do not have a known issue currently for our TV to be completely dead"

So there you have it, even Sony are in denial of this issue. If this is the case, I have a bad feeling that they will simply replace the faulty parts with exactly the same Failing parts....

Again to everyone who comes across this thread, do not buy SONY, everything from buying this TV, experiencing the laggy menus, loss of soundbar connectivity with their own SONY soundbars, to the poor build quality and support, buy from LG or some other manufacturer.

Sony is just a name, the quality and expectations in 2017 for a SONY product is on par with buying a Blaupunkt from Tesco... at least the Blaupunkt is 6x cheaper.

profile.country.GB.title
xthreebwb
Explorer

Yes happened to my set this morning.....

xd9305
Explorer

Same think happened to me this morning with my 65XD9305. Turn off TV last night and went to sleep this morning it was no signs of life went to the shop with power cord and adapter to check if its working on other TV, well the is no problems with adapter and power cord. both TV on 25.11.16 today 29.01.17 two month old. 2800 euro for a premium TV. What a junk!!! My granny still watching Panasonic TV over 25 years old with no issues.

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Bet the house on it being a failed "DPS board" and SONY being in total denial that this is a problem.

Mine was taken away over 10 days away by the local repairers for SONY. They are supposed to deliver it mid-week this coming week, because that is the only day they are prepared to come into my region.... Another example of what you get when you buy SONY.

Oh, and make sure you keep the SONY repair line number handy, the same fault will occur again in a few montsh time because they are putting the same Part in from the same Build date.... Welcome to the world of SONY

legion411
Explorer

Mine went today 10/2/17. Totally dead. 65XD9305.

Really unimpressed with this TV so far, slow to respond, picture ok, not great, sound is terrible, Sony very slow to roll out firmware updates.

Should have stuck with LG or even try Hisense!

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Wait till you've reached the 12 month mark.... book yourself a 2 week holiday while the TV is in for repair with a faulty DBS board...

Worst decision ever to pay 2 grand for this POS, should have just held out for an LG OLED.

Sony are in the dark ages, their support is slow and they never ackowledge your problems in any hurry

lack of compatibility with their own Sony Soundbars

the poor sound

the wireless SONY soundbar that disconnects every day !!!!!

the sluggish menus

the faulty remote control voice commands that stop working after a while

the fact you can't update the remote control firmware despite the TV telling you new software is available for it,

the 2 tv firmware upgrades in a year if you are lucky (and they never really disclose the fixes)

the repair service is the worst ever, they only come out to collect and deliver when it suits them....

the fact that every owner of this TV has had a FAULT that has required a repair in 6 months tops it off.

SONY do not care about customer feedback and have ZERO quality control.

if this feedback alone helps anyone decide against buying this TV then i've done my job.

While i'm stuck with this garbage and will never buy SONY ever again, do yourself a favour and go buy an LG if you truly want the best quality for your money.

Woken up to date my xd9305 is dead too, does anyone from sony actually read these forums? Really annoyed £2800 on the worst tv I've ever had