Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have replied to your other thread, In regards to your TV, you will need to arrange for it to be repaired.  In particular the DPS Board.

See link below for repair centres:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
xthreebwb
Explorer

Thanks

It's already been repaired on site under warranty - they know the DPS is the issue and therefore ordered parts prior to attending...
profile.country.GB.title
northerner_uk
Explorer

I have another one. So frustrating for such an expensive TV & only 7 months old. Fortunately my old Panasonic Plasma, which has been sitting the garage since last July is still working fine, Lesson learnt!

Date of Manufacture: 2016/04.

Waiting for Sony to arrange repair.

Peanutuk
Explorer

My XD 9305 also refused to power up 2 days ago. Done the usual of replacing fuse in plug, remote batteries etc. But no go. Sony engineer due on Tuesday. 

Like you, I'm now using my trusty pano plasma.

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

You guys shouldn't have to revert back to your Panasonic TVs, you paid a premium for this SONY XD9305 TV !!!!

Bottom line is, SONY are happy to continue selling this POS and ignore the fact that EVERYONES XD9305 is going on the blink after just a few months.

SHAME on SONY, granted we are all stuck with these until the warranty runs out, but SONY won't do anything about it, they will replace the same part with the same faulty one again and again.

Someone from SONY should come on and here and ackowledge this issue. There should be a plan in place that if the same part is replaced 2 times, we get our money back no questions asked.

R.Stelly
Explorer

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

According to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in UK if the fault happens in the first 6 months you do have the right to ask for a refund if the first attempt of repair or replacement fails ,my  55XD9305  which was purchased from Wembley Sony Center London completely died after just two months went back to shop they wanted to arrange a repair and  I definitely refused it  and they offered me a new replacement,this works fine for the moment but if this problem occurs again I will definitely go for a refund.

Morgion76
Explorer

My 55xd9305 was dead when I got home on thursday. Still waiting for a reply from the service centre.

Manufacture date: 2016/04

Had my old Samsung for 7 years and never had any problems.. This expensive POS dies after 4 months.. GJ on the quality control there Sony...

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

The same has just happened to me. Nothing when you try to switch the tv on, no white light etc. Done all the usual, turn off and on, changed the fuse, tried a different power socket, left it off for a while. TV was find Friday night, but yesterday morning nothing and now have to wait untill Monday to phone Sony. Only had the tv in November so really disappointed and not happy. Clearly Sony must have a problem with the tv?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At current, Sonys position on this issue is that only a small percentage are experiencing this failure.  Therefore they are handling this on a case by case basis (i.e. replacement of DPS board).  Also, Sony cannot seem to replicate this fault in testing either...

I personally do not agree with Sony on this.  Too many failing XD93 TVs for my liking.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
northerner_uk
Explorer

A little update on my situation, three weeks on. Sony instructed a local repair centre to fix the TV. However, the parts aren't available (perhaps because of the number of failed units?), so Sony approved a replacement TV. When this arrived at the 'repair centre' it failed, so they requested a second unit. And here I am, three weeks later & still with no TV.

To say I'm mad as hell would be an understatement. I'll update once/if the TV arrives supposedly this week. I have been messed around beyond belief. If I wasn't chasing them up every few days, I truly believe that no one would have bothered to get in touch.

I'd like to know everyones 'Manufacture Date', because if they bring me another 2016/04 unit I might just go balistic.

I would seriously advise anyone thinking of paying for a 'premium' Sony product to question whether it's really worth it.