Join now - be part of our community!

YouView - How it Works

Anonymous
Not applicable

YouView - How it Works

Hello all

You have probably seen the announcement from Sony stating that YouView will go live on 4th November on certain 2015 TVs.  See article HERE for information.

There are many questions you all have, so I thought id post some screen shots taken from HERE

Also see Sony's Online Guide:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/100280 

_20151023_165838.JPG

_20151023_165404.JPG

_20151023_165124.JPG

_20151023_165524.JPG

_20151023_165457.JPG

_20151023_165923.JPG

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@mk1.golf.1983 wrote:

How do I uninstall/disable this Youview app if say I was unhappy with the slow ui and no programme reminder? Not only does it knock out satellite services but also the standard freeview guide, which was quick and had programme reminder.  The only benefit I can see is you have all the on demand players well not quite all of them 'ay.

If you read the entire original post it tells you at the bottom how to enable and disable.

profile.country.GB.title
Fraser67
Explorer

Can anyone explain why installing YouView disables the satellite services etc? Seems very odd to me.

piers1269
New

I have a KD-49X8308CB which does not appear on the list of 2015 Bravia 4K tvs in the YouView update. I bought the TV in Spain but have it here in the UK so according to the 1st part of the Sony communique it should be eligable for the update: "Sony and YouView are pleased to announce that from 8am on Wednesday 4th November, the YouView service is available on Sony BRAVIA 2015 Televisions, making BBC iPlayer, All 4, ITV Player and Demand 5 available to all Android television sets with Internet access. "

How can I get the update as it's frustrating only being able to watch iPlayer through the Googlecast app?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@piers1269 - I have passed your question onto Sony Support for them to contact you.  I am assuming that you have connected the TV to a UK based ISP - with a UK based IP address.  Sony may require addition details such as the serial humber of the TV, which can be found in the 'help' menu.

aik1000
New

Do you know why do I have to disable the Satellite to get YouView?

I bought the TV believing I could have Satellite for live TV and catch up on YouView - extremely disappointed given the money I have just spent.

Thanks

apoc.reg
Explorer

I get errors if i try and watch any catch up itv content through Youview, anyone else?

profile.country.GB.title
Fernando44
Explorer

Hi there, 

I have a Sony Bravia with Youview built in. I don't have any aereal antena to connect the television, I got only the cable that connect the Virgin Media Tivo to the socket. So I though I could set up the app just connecting the TV to the router by two Powerlines adapters.. but unfortunately it doesn't work. Is there any solution for this without buying a satelite dish?

Many thanks guys,

F

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fernando44 - im really sorry, but i dont understand what you ate trying to do.  YouView is simply another guide/EPG for Freeview with the added benefit of scrolling backwards to use the catchup players like iPlayer or ITVplayer. Hence you need an aerial capable of receiving terrestrial broadcasts (i.e Freeview)

You will not be able to use Virgin Media without the supplied box.

------

If you are referring to this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virginmedia.tvanywhere

Try installing Sideload Launcher and see if the Virgin app runs from their

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.tv.sideloadlauncher

Cheers

apoc.reg
Explorer

I have youview enabled but ITV player is missing lots of content, no emmerdale, x factor etc etc.

Just get a error message when i select it through the guide and it doesnt appear in the app itself under A-Z.

Could this be a regional issue? I note it says limted content in scotland. I'm actually in cambridge so shouldnt effect me but I'm at a loss to explain it..!

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable