Join now - be part of our community!

Bad qualilty of spoken comments on HDR XR550VE

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
pols2102
Visitor

Bad qualilty of spoken comments on HDR XR550VE

Quite often, but not always, my recorded comments in a number of scenes sound weak, like they come from behind a wall. My audio settings are all on standard and the problem does not only appear during scenes with a lot of  background noise. This is my fourth SONY camcorder and I never experienced this before. Hope somebody can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pols2102
Visitor

Thank you very much Simon. In the meantime I think my problem has been solved thanks to the Sony Helpdesk (Jolin was very helpfull). They recommend to change the "5.1ch Surround" option into "2ch Stereo" option which seems to me to be a very logical solution.

Regards,

Theo Pols.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pols2102,

Have you experimented with an external microphone for your XR550VE (i.e. the 'Shotgun' style or the Wireless one) to see if this improves the sound quality?

Thanks,

Simon

pols2102
Visitor

Thank you very much Simon. In the meantime I think my problem has been solved thanks to the Sony Helpdesk (Jolin was very helpfull). They recommend to change the "5.1ch Surround" option into "2ch Stereo" option which seems to me to be a very logical solution.

Regards,

Theo Pols.

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Glad to hear you have got it sorted out without having to purchase another mic :slight_smile:

Simon