Join now - be part of our community!

Bloggie Software instal issues

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
owen_lloyd
Visitor

Bloggie Software instal issues

I bought a Bloggie Touch today and am trying to install the software.

It gets so far and appears to have installed and says starting, but then i get directed to a google chrome page that says

" google chrome could not connect to localhost:2468"

then nothing.

I've tried un-installing it and re-installing (both with and without an internet connection) but get the same error message everytime.

I'm using a Vaio with Vista.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Owen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
pewilso10
Visitor

Just got a Bloggie today and had the same issue but I've managed to resolve it. I ran a debug trace when the software crashed and it looked to be a conflict with Trusteer Rapport (anti-fraud software given to me by HSBC). I removed Rapport from my PC, rebooted and everything works fine now.

Regards,

Pete

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Orsino247
Visitor

I'm having similar problems on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7. It seems to have loaded but nothing happens when I start the program up. I've tried re-installing but so far this hasn't helped.

PennyBird
Visitor

Also just bought a Bloggie. Tried to load the software, and keep getting 'Bloggie Software has stopped working'. Have tried un-installing and re-installing, but still no luck.

Any ideas from anyone, otherwise we'll have to take it back.

Thanks.

profile.country.fr_CH.title
patriciabutty
Visitor

Hello

i have the same problem. Did you find a solution

Thanks

Patricia

pewilso10
Visitor

Just got a Bloggie today and had the same issue but I've managed to resolve it. I ran a debug trace when the software crashed and it looked to be a conflict with Trusteer Rapport (anti-fraud software given to me by HSBC). I removed Rapport from my PC, rebooted and everything works fine now.

Regards,

Pete

pewilso10
Visitor

Further to my previous post I've just been speaking to Trusteer support and they are analysing the log files from my PC to see if a fix is required to their software.

chrisd124
Visitor

Hi Pete - I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how to run a debug trace. I think I've been having similar issues to you with my Bloggie and I want to identify which program is conflicting on my system.

I havent had any success with Sony's support and the Bloggie is about to be put in the bin - i'm losing patience with it!!!

Really would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Chris

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
hrlyrider1
Visitor

how did you run that Im computer illiterate can you tell me step by step much appreciate

CzKaja
Visitor

Yes, it is to do with the Trusteer Rapport, just turning it off has done the trick.

Nkeene22
Visitor

I just got a sony bloggie duo and installed the software. Everytime I go to play a video off my bloggie on the software, the "program stopped working" window pops up and I have to close the software. I can look at pictures and what not. Just not videos. Any ideas? I tired uninstalling and installing and I tired getting the software off the actual sony site but it did the same thing.