Join now - be part of our community!

Crackly noise from ECM AW3 bluetooth mic

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Sandra77
Visitor

Crackly noise from ECM AW3 bluetooth mic

Hi

I've just bought the Sony ECM AW3 bluetooth mic to use with the HDR PJ10 camcorder. The receiver connects to the mic jack on the left of the camera and then you need to clip it somewhere (I've opted for the camcorder strap). The mic you clip onto your interviewee.

I've just been testing the mic with the camera and have noticed I get a nasty crackle when I happen to move the cable connecting the receiver to the camera, which is easy to do as that's where your hand is to hold it. Surely this can't be  normal? It really affects the recorded film. I don't know if it's a problem with the camera or the mic.

I've not seen any similar comments or posts on the web so suspect it might just be me.  Any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

Sandra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sandra - welcome to the Sony forums :slight_smile:

If the crackling is occuring when there is contact/movement with a specific join in the wiring there may be an issue with the connection and I would advise you to get in touch with customer services. They will be able to run through some checks with you and then advise you on the best course of action.

They can be contacted on 0844 8466 555 and are available from 0900-1700 Mon-Fri.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sandra - welcome to the Sony forums :slight_smile:

If the crackling is occuring when there is contact/movement with a specific join in the wiring there may be an issue with the connection and I would advise you to get in touch with customer services. They will be able to run through some checks with you and then advise you on the best course of action.

They can be contacted on 0844 8466 555 and are available from 0900-1700 Mon-Fri.

Thanks,

Simon