Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC62E not recognised on windows 7 1394

profile.country.en_GB.title
jcflink
Visitor

DCR-HC62E not recognised on windows 7 1394

Can anybody help.  I have a new Dell computer with Win 7 loaded and new firewire card.    I cannot get my handycam DCR-HC62E to be recognised in the devices.   I have reloaded the card. turned on and off drivers, updated drivers and trawled the internet to no avail.     I have uploaded the latest version of PMB (version 5.5.2) still no joy.

The connection worked fine on old computer loaded with Win XP so assume that cable is ok and it is just the computer not picking up the attached handycam. 

Unfortunately old computer was very old and died so cannot go back to using it :slight_frown:

Any help or suggesions would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Does it recognise your camcorder when connected by USB?

If you are using PMB 5.5.02 and Windows 7 32-bit both iLink and USB connections should work.

http://support.sony-europe.com/hotnews/vista/vista.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&sc=DV

You will need a different version of PMB if you are using the GPS module.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
jcflink
Visitor

no it's not the GPS module.   Yes the computer does recognise the camcorder when using USB, I can download photos from the camcorder but not stream.  According to the Sony US website Windows 7 64 bit does not support streaming only the 32 bit system so this is presumably why.  do you think this is also why it is not recongised on 1394 firewire?

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

U can use Windows Movie Maker via I link cable which protocol is IEEE1394. On program you go to function chaptering from video device, which is first left in program. On camera set option play-edit.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker?os=winxp

There is free download on internet, if You use Windows 7

There are 4-4 and 4-6 pins I link cable. Sony cameras are always 4 pin, but see DV IN in Yor PC. If You do not have DV IN, there are cheap USB - I Link adapters.
Deinstall K-lite and free codec packs.

On windows 7 camera will not be reckognised as mass storage as before on other Windows.

Regards

Damac

:slight_smile:

profile.country.ru_RU.title
ulkhan
Visitor

Hi, if it is PC try to update drivers for videocards and monitors to latest versions. I have had the same problem when streaming via Pinnacle Studio 15 on PC with Windows 7 64 bit. After those update it works properly.