Join now - be part of our community!

Difference between Cinematone "ON" and "OFF" function on FDR-AX33 [Photos]

profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

Difference between Cinematone "ON" and "OFF" function on FDR-AX33 [Photos]

Hallo everyone,

Sometimes I use the Cinematone function on FDR-AX33 in order to give a "cinematic" feel to my videos.

According to my own experience, I notice that the only change that take place is the color of the image. When the cinematone function is "ON", the colors are more saturated. When the cinematone function is "OFF" the colors are "realistic" and "natural".

What is your opinion according your own experience?

How often, and under which circumstances do you use this function?

*At the bottom of the page you see two saved frames (used the PlayMemories Home with the autocorection "off"). Video at AVCHD, 1080p at 28Mbps.

Cinematone "ON"Cinematone "ON"Cinematone "OFF"Cinematone "OFF"

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

It's personal preference I guess.  However, Cinematone is good for high contrast scenes like when outside in sunlight. Scenes where whites and light colours could get really blown out but shadow detail would be lost on the other end. I would think it's not ideal when indoor shooting where the exposure is much less.

In Cinematone the camcorder automatically adjusts the image quality of the movie to resemble the atmosphere of film camera images when recording a movie.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

Hi Sean Mc !

You say that is better to use Cinematone when luminous intensity of the subject is high. The cons of using Cinematone function, is that you get fewer colors, I guess...

Your comment is very helpful, thank you for your reply.