Join now - be part of our community!

handy cam problem

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
michaelll1290
Visitor

handy cam problem

hi guys, i have a very old handycam , asony dcr-trv255e, my problem is that when i playback it works fine , i can see everything on the screen, but when i put it on camera both the screen and insde , there is just a grey screen , all the other controls are there and date and batteri signs , but no picture , it was a camera i got from my grand mom and as i said , pretty old , but still a good camera (when it worked) with night shooting and all , so i could be good to get it to work again , it have never been dropped or mistreaded  in any way , and it had the EXACT same problem a few eyars ago , at the point i sent it to sony and it was fixed , but the quarantine is out , so if anyone has any ideea to help it would be fine , maybe a cable inside  that fellt off , , please help , thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello michaelll1290 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This does sound like an internal fault once again and therefore something that will need to be repaired professionally - I wouldn't usually recommend attempting to fix it yourself for safety reasons so I would suggest asking around at any local businesses that offer electronics repairs or you could contact Sony Customer Services to see how much a repair will be. There contact details can be found in this thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello michaelll1290 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This does sound like an internal fault once again and therefore something that will need to be repaired professionally - I wouldn't usually recommend attempting to fix it yourself for safety reasons so I would suggest asking around at any local businesses that offer electronics repairs or you could contact Sony Customer Services to see how much a repair will be. There contact details can be found in this thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.da_DK.title
michaelll1290
Visitor

ok , thanks , i have already once disambled it , to see if a cable has fallen of, but maybe its inside , in the cable thats broken , thanks anyway