Join now - be part of our community!

hdr-cx130e shutter not shutting

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
threeputt
Visitor

hdr-cx130e shutter not shutting

bought a hdr-cx130e from Argos in Jan, i have all of the details and registered the camera on My Sony which includes the serial number & date of purchase, but I cant find the original Argos receipt, will I have a problem getting a repair under warranty ? I presume its pointless trying to get a copy receipt from Argos ?

Basically the shutter that springs shut when opening & closing the viewfinder isnt working and its now shut half way, can hear it trying to open/close but failing, maybe theres a spring in there thats broken, either way its only 6 months old and not used that much but stopped working when i needed it most. is this a common problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello threeputt - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you do not have your original receipt, it was probably a smart move to register the camera online with Sony at the time of purchase as this will help. I would advise you to contact customer services to find out about getting your camera repaired and there are full contact details in this thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

If you explain that you do not have your original receipt, hopefully they will still be able to help you. I wouldn't bank on being able to get a copy of your receipt from Argos but if you purchased it using a credit or debit card it may be possible to locate the transaction on an old statement - hopefully it won't come to that :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello threeputt - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you do not have your original receipt, it was probably a smart move to register the camera online with Sony at the time of purchase as this will help. I would advise you to contact customer services to find out about getting your camera repaired and there are full contact details in this thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

If you explain that you do not have your original receipt, hopefully they will still be able to help you. I wouldn't bank on being able to get a copy of your receipt from Argos but if you purchased it using a credit or debit card it may be possible to locate the transaction on an old statement - hopefully it won't come to that :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon