Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Watcher Utility, can't stop it loading in Win7 systray, please?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
liviococcia
Visitor

Sony Watcher Utility, can't stop it loading in Win7 systray, please?

Hello Members

I'd like to stop the the ' Sony Watcher utility' from starting up, if i right click over the icon in the systray and the 'settings', then uncheck the box that stops it loading at windows startup, i find when restarting the computer it still loaded into the systray.

If i then check through Sony 'watchers' utility settings again, i find that this start up setting has remained uncheck, is this a known problem, and is there a patch or fix? or, can the Bloggie software be installed without the 'Sony watcher utility' part?

I'd do not wish to make a change in the Windows 7 'msconfig' startup file to stop it loading, given what i think is a buggy part of Sony's sytem driver software, but would rather the utility not be on the system at all.

Any help, suggestions or advice would be appreciated, and it anyone else has this problem please post.

kind regards

Livio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello liviococcia - welcome to the Sony Forums :wink:

If I ever have a program that keeps loading on start up, I use a free utility like CCCleaner to block them when I do not want to completely remove them from my system. As with any utility of this nature, I would always be very careful when making adjustments to the configuration of your PC.

For the Bloggie software itself, there may be an installation option where you can choose 'Custom Setup' and then specify exactly which components you would like to install. To get to this screen, you may have to uninstall it completely first.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello liviococcia - welcome to the Sony Forums :wink:

If I ever have a program that keeps loading on start up, I use a free utility like CCCleaner to block them when I do not want to completely remove them from my system. As with any utility of this nature, I would always be very careful when making adjustments to the configuration of your PC.

For the Bloggie software itself, there may be an installation option where you can choose 'Custom Setup' and then specify exactly which components you would like to install. To get to this screen, you may have to uninstall it completely first.

Thanks,

Simon