Join now - be part of our community!

What type memory stick I need?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_LT.title
sauroman
Visitor

What type memory stick I need?

Hello, I have DVD-DCR110e camcorder. It supports recording in 9Mb/s HQ  format. My question is what minimum write speed has to have memory stick  to record HQ movies?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.ES.title
franktfe
Contributor

Hello sauroman,

The "memory stick pro duo" is enough for your handycam, about 10 mb/s of writing speed.

I hope to be helpful.

Regards.

Saludos.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.ES.title
franktfe
Contributor

Hello sauroman,

The "memory stick pro duo" is enough for your handycam, about 10 mb/s of writing speed.

I hope to be helpful.

Regards.

Saludos.
sauroman
Visitor

Can you give a reliable source?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

There is a buffer which in my 7 years of experience is hard to fill before you get any messages on the screen even using older dated cards.

Personally any of the new/current range of Memory Sticks will be find for you to use, your best bet is jumping on http://Sony.co.uk/support. Pop your model in and then visit the compatibility section. The main thing you need to check out is the HG memory cards which are like uber high speed but you may not benefit from the higher speeds due to limitations in writing speeds of your product.

sauroman
Visitor

Another problem is that document says that my camcorder doesnt support memory stick with "Magic Gate" protection. I can't find any card that is without magic gate. Any suggestions?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Ah, that'll be because MagicGate protection is built into all Sony memory sticks :wink:

The user manual for your camera says you can record onto memory sticks, so I can only assume you've mis-read the documentation.

MagicGate was developed as a copyright-protection mechanism (mostly for PlayStation use) and it's more likely that while your camera doesn't support MagicGate encryption, it will happily use MagicGate memory sticks.

Cheers

Mick