Join now - be part of our community!

Cant import files from Sony Cybershot DSC HX9V

profile.country.en_IE.title
Sluress
Visitor

Cant import files from Sony Cybershot DSC HX9V

Hi - my sony cybershot DSV HX9V is taking pictures and functioning as normal, however I am unable to import the pictures to my computer, or view them as part of a removeable disc. I have downloaded Play Memories home and tried using PMB but it is not detecting any photos to import (there are 400 pictures on the camera). The camera itself is detected as being plugged in by the computer but it is not detecting the pictures - any suggestions on what to do? (I am running Windows 7)

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sluress - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

First of all, have you downloaded the latest version of the software available from the support page?

If this does not work for you, it may be easier in the long run to invest in a USB memory card reader and then you will be able to connect the memory card directly into your PC without needing to use the camera. I know that this may not be ideal but if you are having software issues it may save aggravation.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Change the USB setting of the camera to mass storage.

See screenshot from the manual.

Michael

profile.country.en_IE.title
Sluress
Visitor

Hi Blaireau_photo and Cmosse - thanks VERY much for your assistance - I got a usb memory card reader today and it worked straight away (and waaay faster than taking them off the camera)- thank you both for your assistance and for responding to my post - I'm an extremely happy camper now!! Thanks again