Join now - be part of our community!

Download software for PMB?

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
TraineeHellcat
Visitor

Download software for PMB?

I have a new Sony Vaio and an existing Sony Cybershot DSC T7. Where can I download the software to use PMB on new laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will find the PMB download for your Cybershot T7 here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/digistill/cyber/cyber.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=DSC-T7

This replaces the Picture Package software supplied with your camera.

:wink:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will find the PMB download for your Cybershot T7 here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/digistill/cyber/cyber.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=DSC-T7

This replaces the Picture Package software supplied with your camera.

:wink:

TraineeHellcat
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I have found the link. However I do not think I have the correct CD-ROM? All I can find is the ImageMixer CD-ROM. Is this OK or do I need another more suitable CD-ROM and if so from where?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi - if you follow the PMB link on that page and scroll down to Download and Installation procedure there are instructions which require you have the original ImageMixer CD at hand.

If you have any problems give us a shout :cool:

Cheers

Mick

TraineeHellcat
Visitor

Thanks Mick. I just wanted to check that the CD-ROM I have is OK and is for the camera and not a handy cam?

TraineeHellcat
Visitor

I think I need the CD-ROM for Picture Package Version 1.6 which I do not have. How do I get it? If I load Image Mixer CD-ROM will it provide the functions I need or not?

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello,

If you haven't got the correct version of the CD, you may need to contact Sony to get one of these and there may unfortunately be a fee required for a new CD.

However, there are some lower cost options available to you. If you pick up a memory card reader (or you may already have one - many computers now include them as standard) then you will be able to import the photos from the memory card without the need for extra software i.e. 'drag and drop' the image files from the memory card to a new folder on your PC / Laptop. Once you have taken the photos off the memory card, there is a wide variety of software available for manipulating/editing photos and many of these are available free of charge. Personally, for everyday photo tasks I use either Paint.net or Irfanview which are both free and the latter program also offers excellent support for scanning images.

Hope this helps,

Simon

TraineeHellcat
Visitor

I would like to get hold of / buy the CD-ROM! The closest I got was the Sony USA website to buy a new CD-ROM but they would not deliver outside the USA! Does anyone know where I can get hold the CD-ROM!!!???

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello

I am going to run this by some colleagues and see if I can get an answer for you,

Thanks

Simon

TraineeHellcat
Visitor

Hi Everyone. thanks for all your help. I have just found the correct CD-ROM and hope it works when I load it.

Just a thought for Sony; if people do not have the original CD-ROM for whatever reason it seems very difficult thereafter to get hold of another copy or complete a simple download? In the USA you can buy a new CD-ROM but for Europe it does not seem to be an option!? 

I will let you know if my CD-ROM works or I need more help, later.