Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX200v Missing Images

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hdeli09
Visitor

DSC HX200v Missing Images

Please can someone help. I only got this camera for Christmas so had it not even a week and it is deleting images. I have been getting "Data Recovery" messages almost every time the camera is on at some point and I have just found that not only have at least 10 images I took today GONE, a couple I took yesterday are also missing. These are images taken on easy mode that I have viewed on the screen, so seem to have saved perfectly. In total, 79 photos have saved perfectly to the memory card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello hdeli09 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Have you tried to view the photos by connecting the camera to your computer or by taking the memory card out of the camera and then inserting it into a card reader on your computer? They may be readable when you do this as opposed to just browse them on the camera.

Apart from this, I would suggest backing up all of the pictures on the memory card and then reformatting it. Then, I would suggest resetting the camera to factory settings to see if this solves the issue that you've been having.

In the online user guide (you may find this more handy than the paper version), you can see instructions for reformatting the memory card here. Once all of the data has been erased, you can then return the camera to the factory settings by following the steps here.

If you follow these steps and you are still having problems, let me know.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello hdeli09 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Have you tried to view the photos by connecting the camera to your computer or by taking the memory card out of the camera and then inserting it into a card reader on your computer? They may be readable when you do this as opposed to just browse them on the camera.

Apart from this, I would suggest backing up all of the pictures on the memory card and then reformatting it. Then, I would suggest resetting the camera to factory settings to see if this solves the issue that you've been having.

In the online user guide (you may find this more handy than the paper version), you can see instructions for reformatting the memory card here. Once all of the data has been erased, you can then return the camera to the factory settings by following the steps here.

If you follow these steps and you are still having problems, let me know.

Thanks,

Simon