Join now - be part of our community!

How to use GPS on my DSC HX5?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ken69lewis
Explorer

How to use GPS on my DSC HX5?

Hi

The GPS is not working on my DSC HX5V. I have tried using the camera in the open but still no luck.

Any ideas please

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

I can advice to put GPS settings to ON.

Latter you can upload Your pictures on Google Maps or on Google Earth over PMB. It will show how strong a signal is on gps indicator with 1,2 or 3 bricks on display.

The Sony HX5V includes both a GPS receiver and compass built-in, allowing it to tag images with both the location and direction in which they were captured. Sony's bundled software and third-party applications such as Google Earth, which can read these tags, can then use the information to display images on a map by location. Cleverly, the GPS receiver is also used to keep the camera's internal clock accurate.

:slight_smile:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

I can advice to put GPS settings to ON.

Latter you can upload Your pictures on Google Maps or on Google Earth over PMB. It will show how strong a signal is on gps indicator with 1,2 or 3 bricks on display.

The Sony HX5V includes both a GPS receiver and compass built-in, allowing it to tag images with both the location and direction in which they were captured. Sony's bundled software and third-party applications such as Google Earth, which can read these tags, can then use the information to display images on a map by location. Cleverly, the GPS receiver is also used to keep the camera's internal clock accurate.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.fi_FI.title
T.hawk
Visitor

two tips:

first see that u have the gps setting ON. second download the "GPS-supportfile" to your camera with PMB

use manual to see how it's done. u should update it once a month to keep the GPS working fast.

that worked with me.