Join now - be part of our community!

Imaging Edge

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Imaging Edge

Had to Factory reset my Android mobile, and ever since have an issue.

Before FacRes I had Imaging Edge installed to remote control RX100M6  and this worked well.

After FacRes I again installed IE and now it will only pair with camera to upload images.

When I try and connect to perform remote control, it just "Connecting ..." until it times out.  Seems like although it likes the password etc (when I have error it reports Password unaccessible straight away) it seems like there is something not restored since the Fac-Res that is preventing the connect (for only useing remote control).

Any thoughts???

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Reset is the anwswer, start from scratch.

Remove imaging edge from your phone.

Restart your phone.

Install imaging edge on your phone.

Start the remote control on your camera.

Scan the QR code on the camera display with your phone from the Imaging Eddge Mobile app.

I bet it will work.

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Hi

Tried your steps to the letter, except used SSID/PASSWORD method of connecting, just as I did last year before the Factory Reset.  Phone camera is rubbish at small QR codes.

Still fails while displaying Connecting...

Instead of selecting "Ctrl w/Smartphone" on my RX100M6 , I tried selecting "Snd to Smrtphn Func" and the connection is almost instant (using of course the same SSID data) and transfers of images to Smartphone work fast as expected.

This latter fact surely confirms phone/camera connection is good?

I can't think of any setting (that may be wrong) that could cripple the comms just for "control" alone.

This is all using Imaging Edge v7.6.0 - I had previously tried IE v7.5.1 as that would have been the version I used last year when it all worked as expected.

Interesting observation - when attempt connected to "control", when the link fails to connect the camera is not remembered, whereas once successful for "transfer" the camera and its SSID data is remembered for future connects.

Since phone and camera work for transfer function I am puzzle why the same two devices fail to connect using the same software for camera control operation.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Alan, reset the camera also, this might work.

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Thanks - plan to over the next couple of days - will be back to you.

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Sadly no change, still only able to transfer images but not remote control.

Have now emailed Sony as their online chat seems permanently off !!!

Will report if/when I get any help.

Alan.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hoho wait!

Did you set your camera to P, S, A or M?

On auto it won't be able to shoot remotely.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Alan1947, the comment from Strampke is correct. What did Sony tell you tho?