Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Reader for PC crashes during sync

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Hummmmmmy

Sony Reader for PC crashes during sync

I've happily been using the Sony Reader for PC with my PRS-T1 with Windows 7 but since yesterday when I've attempted to sync my reader with my computer it crashes with the following error message:

[Window Title]

Reader for PC

[Main Instruction]

Reader for PC has stopped working

[Content]

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi “carpetmojo”

My solution is for T1, T2, 650,…. But I think that even with T3 it’s about the same.

This solution is when you have an “APPCRASH” with reader.exe, as “Hummmmy” wrote on first post.

Perform only a Hard Reset on reader device here, has no effect.

Perform only a Hard Reset on reader device (first make a backup on reader device contents), has effect when ReaderforPC “freezes” or when is not possible begin a synchronization.

In that case, the issue is that one or more file of ebooks present on ReaderforPC and Reader device, had been moved on different folder or renamed or deleted from PC (via Windows Explorer for example).

I use Windows 7-32bit (and maybe 32bit is the problem)

Jannis

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
mithcd
Visitor

This is interesting. Were there any changes made on the reader prior to this? https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/1.gif

carpetmojo

Yes, that is odd ....

Did  it notify you as to a solution ?

I have experienced absolutly the same problem. Have you already find any solution? Anybody can help?

berna_12
New

same problem for me using prs-t3, did anybody find a solution?

jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi

Sometimes, I have the same issue too.

I just close ReaderforPC and then, open it again (without removing reader device from PC).

In this way I continue and finish the synchronization.

I think this is a problem of ReaderforPC’s database. Sometimes, “Reader.exe” occupies more than 2GB of memory and this “generate” an APPCRASH!!!

A real solution?

I think just delete all databases and “reload” all ebooks again (All bookmarks, highlights, handwritten notes will be deleted).

(-Backup contents of reader device (when Reader device connected to the PC, copy on a PC’s folder, all contents of “removable mass memory device” named “READER”)

-Hard or Factory reset of reader device

-Delete ReaderforPC’s database file

C:\Users\(current-user)\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation\ReaderDesktop\ReaderDesktopLibrary.db

-load on ReaderforPC all ebooks again

-synchronizations.)

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
carpetmojo

Jan - is your solution with a T3 or T1 ?

And, out of interest, what Win are you running ?

jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi “carpetmojo”

My solution is for T1, T2, 650,…. But I think that even with T3 it’s about the same.

This solution is when you have an “APPCRASH” with reader.exe, as “Hummmmy” wrote on first post.

Perform only a Hard Reset on reader device here, has no effect.

Perform only a Hard Reset on reader device (first make a backup on reader device contents), has effect when ReaderforPC “freezes” or when is not possible begin a synchronization.

In that case, the issue is that one or more file of ebooks present on ReaderforPC and Reader device, had been moved on different folder or renamed or deleted from PC (via Windows Explorer for example).

I use Windows 7-32bit (and maybe 32bit is the problem)

Jannis

bmh1946
New

I have done all that and my T3 still just crashes every time. I am pleased that I kept the PRS 350 , as the T3 is destined for the bin I am so fed up with it. Of course any cures gratefully received.

jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi “bmh1946”
But, it’s your PRS-T3 that crashes or the ReaderforPC software on your PC, as “Hummmmy” said?
Because, if it’s only your reader device that crashes, it could be a different type of issue.

Jannis - Γιάννης