Join now - be part of our community!

Contact details for Xperia mobile phone complaints dept?

Dopeyme1970
Explorer

Contact details for Xperia mobile phone complaints dept?

Hi I got a new xperia z and I set it up and left to charge and a while later I took the phone off the charger and the screen felt pretty hot , but as I had not used a sony phone before I didn't pay much attention and went to bed , in the morning when my alarm went off I tried to switch the phone off the screen would not respond , after trying to slide and touch the screen still nothing , then I took the phone to the window and tilted it to look in good light and at a certain angle the screen showed a hairline crack , this had obviously damaged the digitizer and the screen had stopped responding , I sent to sony as astonished as I was as the phone had been on my bedside table, never dropped , stressed or crushed and not even a few hours of use , I have no kids or pets and windows closed , this was obviously a manufacturing defect , but when sent to sony repair , the quickly send me a quotation and denied that it was accident damage , I was furious and rang sony and the agent only said that's what our technicians found , I can only escalate and get another independent second opinion , I am so so disappointed with sony and I don't think I will buy their products again , I have seen online petitions and forums all pointing to poor little souls who have gone through the same heartache as me and heartless sony could not offer to replace these screens when clearly these were not accident damage , my phone is mark less apart from the hairline crack , does anybody have an answer to this ?

8 REPLIES 8
ClarissaW

Hello Dopeyme1970

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear you have such a complaint. This is a place for Sony users to exchange tips and ask question but there is no direct line to Sony Mobile. Perhaps you could ask their customer service for a direct contact to file a complaint? They have a chat function on their website: http://bit.ly/1cq2YAW

Good luck,

Clarissa

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dopeyme1970,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

For mobile phone problems your best bet would be to post your question in the Sony Xperia Support, these are the only Xperia Support Contact details I can find but maybe someone in the Xperia Support forum can suggest an alternative..

thechipe
New

this is a world wide problem it has happend  to me as well phone has been looked at buy there reparers .and i have been told that i must of droped it so not coverd by the warante.sory sony i dont remember you or your repair man being in myhouse when it was plugged in and charging .its about time some one from sony grows a pair and owns upto this fault .you cant keep fobing every one of  from around the world with .its our fault we are idiots so we HAD to of droped it

barchan63
New

Hi, Clarissa,

I have similar issue as my Xperia Z display cracked itself when inside my bag, which just like what it said in BBC WatchDog programme on 28 May 2014( http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/05/30/bbcs-watchdog-investigates-xperia-z1-cracking-screen-issue-sony... I contacted them and followed their instruction to send them to fix it. However, they charge me to pay £185.09 for fixing it, but from Sony statement to BBC watchdog said Sony will repair for free. Therefore, i tried to contact them through the link you given here, either on phone line or online chat. However, up to now, they did return to me at all in any mean. Also sometime, the customer service is even hanging up my phone call. What kind of customer services of your company. Therefore, do you know any other contact i can make complain for it and also make my phone get it fix soon. Please help!

Thank you very much! Hope the customer services here is not as bad as the Xperia Care team!

Cheers,

Barane

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi barchan63

This is primarily a fellow user support forum so there aren't any Sony / customer services staff here.

Have you tried posting a message on the official Xperia Support forum Here?

Also keep trying the number / emails too!

RonTee
New

Same problem with my Z3 Compact.

Screen has broken 3 times within 12 months.

1st couple of times could argue that it was my fault (debateable)

3rd time cracked whilst in pocket. Left App open to which the phone had excessive heat and cracked (my guess as to why).

Sony then wanted to charge even more for the repair.

They are an absolute disgrace. The product range is clearly faulty but they have now managed to provide a "repair" servcie that actually generates revenue for faulty products!! Nice con if you can pull it off.

I will now ensure that i never buy a Sony product of any discription ever again.

I will also ensure that none of the companies that I run will ever use their products!

But hey, Sony won't care all the time they can pull of this masterstroke and provide a non existent complaints procedure.......

jlock79
New

I am also having issues with my Z3 it started to overheat to point where I couldnt have it in my pocket, this has caused what looks like scorch marks down the left side of the screen and melted the sealant causing the screen panel to fall out! So I sent it to be repaired and sony got back to me saying that as it has chip on the back of the phone that has caused the damage! I can either pay £125 to get it repaird or pay £20 to have it sent back unrepaired! the phone is under warranty!!

has anyone got anywhere with this?

this is such a scandal!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jlock79,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

For mobile phone problems your best bet would be to post your question in the Sony Xperia Support forum where someone in the Xperia Support forum will hopefully be able to help..