Join now - be part of our community!

Someone has hacked / hijacked my Sony account

SOLVED
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
baz201
Explorer

Someone has hacked / hijacked my Sony account

I registered with this Sony community site some years ago from Australia. Now I find that my account here has obviously been hacked into as every time I sign in it takes me to the Sony Kazakhstan portal. I don't read Russian so it's useless to me, I don't know how to try and change it back to an Englsih speaking using the account information page, as its all in Russian. Whoever has hacked into my account seems to have put in an address in Kazakhstan into my residential address field on the account information page.

I've never been to Kazakhstan or have any connection with the place. Seeing that many hackers seem to reside in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, I'm pretty sure someone has hijacked my account.

What should I do, help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baz201 

Hi there

The issue with the language in Kazakhstan should now be resolved.  It should now point to UK and in English :slight_smile:

It is unlikely your account was hacked, but change your password anyhow.  Apparently it may have been a migration issue from a while ago.

If you are still logged in, log out and back in again.

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi baz201

I am reasonably confident that your account would not have been hacked - probably a bug in the website is my opinion.  However to be on the safe side, I would advise you changing your password immediately (if possible). 

I will also report this to the relevent person as well, to double check - as well as changing the language to UK.

When I have more information, ill post back.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baz201 

Hi there

The issue with the language in Kazakhstan should now be resolved.  It should now point to UK and in English :slight_smile:

It is unlikely your account was hacked, but change your password anyhow.  Apparently it may have been a migration issue from a while ago.

If you are still logged in, log out and back in again.

Thank you